Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F25

Default Re: F25

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Are you sure the bottom octave isn't being boosted by any eq'ing?
    I don't think so but I will rechk the AVR settings. I am having Jeff Meier from ACCUCAL come by later this year for a audio video calibration so he can correct any thing I may have missed ,
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    I don't think so but I will rechk the AVR settings. I am having Jeff Meier from ACCUCAL come by later this year for a audio video calibration so he can correct any thing I may have missed ,
    Not just the AVR, but also the PEQ on the sub itself.
    -curtis

I am sure on the PEQ on the subwoofer
    Bunch of speakers

Another thing you might try is turning the volume on the sub amp up and turning the LFE channel down a few dB in Audyssey. Perhaps your amp is running out of juice due to a line level signal that is boosted too far for the amp setting?

I might be totally wrong about how this works, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    Another thing you might try is turning the volume on the sub amp up and turning the LFE channel down a few dB in Audyssey. Perhaps your amp is running out of juice due to a line level signal that is boosted too far for the amp setting?

I might be totally wrong about how this works, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't think that this will do anything with the problem, unless the LFE gain the reciever was maxed out and it was passing noise to the subwoofer. However, it could cause a problem. If the level coming out of the reciever is low enough, then the auto-on from the subwoofer may not be activated. I ran into this problem about 10 years ago with my Outlaw subwoofer. When I was listening at lower volumes late at night I was confused why my subwoofer would not come on most of the time except when there was a high level of bass, whereas when watching movies at other times it was fine. The fix was to increase the gain in the reciever and decrease the gain at the subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    I don't think that this will do anything with the problem, unless the LFE gain the reciever was maxed out and it was passing noise to the subwoofer. However, it could cause a problem. If the level coming out of the reciever is low enough, then the auto-on from the subwoofer may not be activated. I ran into this problem about 10 years ago with my Outlaw subwoofer. When I was listening at lower volumes late at night I was confused why my subwoofer would not come on most of the time except when there was a high level of bass, whereas when watching movies at other times it was fine. The fix was to increase the gain in the reciever and decrease the gain at the subwoofer.
    You are probably right, I just thought it might be worth a shot to try it. Receivers can do some funny things that you don't expect once in a while. I found that I've had to turn my subwoofers down pretty far or else Audyssey will set everything to -10 dB and it will sound way off as it was overcompensating for the bass. Once I turned the subs down a little more and re-ran Audyssey, it gave me much more realistic levels and I was able to play around with the bass a little more.

I had that auto on problem with a little Martin Logan HTIB subwoofer that was my first foray into home theater. Replacing that dinky thing with two Rythmik F12's was like going from a Volkswagon Bug to a Ferrari.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I have an F12 and it was starting to clip on some movies. I was running it hot and messed with as many settings as I could. Its just too small of a sub for my tastes, especially for 90% movies. Switching to a ported sub now.

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    Would a F25 Rythmik sub (sealed dual 15" ) blend with Sierra 2 and a horizon center in a small room , I have a 12 sealed Rythmik in there now and the subwoofer bottoms out on movies , I have it turned down so it won't bottom out , but I wish i had more headroom.

Mark
    What is the size of the entire area that is open to the sub?

Room is sealed , 11X11X9 FEET
    Bunch of speakers

Hmmm....the F12 shouldn't even be breaking a sweat with that room size at reference level. Call Rythmik.