Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F25

Default F25

Would a F25 Rythmik sub (sealed dual 15" ) blend with Sierra 2 and a horizon center in a small room , I have a 12 sealed Rythmik in there now and the subwoofer bottoms out on movies , I have it turned down so it won't bottom out , but I wish i had more headroom.

Mark
    Bunch of speakers

Default Re: F25

It bottoms out? How loud do you play it in the small room? Is it calibrated hot? Do you have the bottom end eq'd high?
    -curtis

Not calibrated hot , but some movies make the sub bottom out , I had the volume knob @ 1:00 , turned it back to 12:00 but I feel like for movies it will not keep up , it's great for music
    Bunch of speakers

Do you have the rumble filter turn on? For movies, the recommended setting is 14hz or 20hz, low damping and rumble filter ON. This will conserve the energy on more audible frequency band.

These days, there are too many movies with overloaded subsonic signals that makes cone move like crazy and yet we hear nothing. One of the common one is the opening scene of edge of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RythmikAudio View Post
    Do you have the rumble filter turn on? For movies, the recommended setting is 14hz or 20hz, low damping and rumble filter ON. This will conserve the energy on more audible frequency band.

These days, there are too many movies with overloaded subsonic signals that makes cone move like crazy and yet we hear nothing. One of the common one is the opening scene of edge of tomorrow.
    Yes I have the rumble filter on , I have tried all different settings , I even sent it to Jim Salk to see if there was something wrong with the sub but he explained it was just reaching the max movement of the driver , Jim adjusted all the settings for me , I have tried different rooms and equipment , checked the setting in the AVR , movies just tend to max out the 12" subwoofer , I have 15" rythmik and I have never noticed it reaching max travel .
    So would the F25 blend with the Sierra 2s and horizon Center ?.I would crossover @ 80HZ.
    Mark
    Bunch of speakers

I have dual F12's and I can't ever see needing more bass even in a very big room like I'm in now. I have them set at 12 o'clock and -9 dB in Audyssey, so they have a lot more room to go. When I turn them up they make the whole house shake during reference level movies. I mean it's intense, it scares the daylights out of people and you can feel your chest moving. I sorta find it difficult to believe that there is such lacking bass with one sub. You may want to buy another one and see if you can even out the room modes that way. It would make more sense that you are just experiencing lackluster subwoofer placement due to room compromises. A second 12" sub would be much cheaper and would be more likely to solve any room mode issues you might be experiencing.

A sub crawl, when in doubt, is always recommended as well. I've read some crazy stories of people getting massive improvements in subwoofer performance after a sub crawl. This assumes that you are able to place the sub in the spot where you find the best sound. Usually that isn't the case, and that's where a second sub can really help out, again if you have space.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I don't really have a lack of bass , but during movies when the subwoofer hits hard it reaches max ext and sounds like pop bottles rolling around inside the subwoofer ,
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    I don't really have a lack of bass , but during movies when the subwoofer hits hard it reaches max ext and sounds like pop bottles rolling around inside the subwoofer ,
    That is really weird, I have never had that happen to me. If you have two subwoofers, though, I would imagine that you would then be able to turn down the level on both of them and the chance of bottoming out would be far less, right?
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Are you sure the bottom octave isn't being boosted by any eq'ing?
    -curtis

That's what I think , I don't have room for 2 subs but I could get a dual driver sub like the F25 , that would fit perfect in my room .
    Bunch of speakers