Thread: 4K UHD Blu-ray Players Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 4K UHD Blu-ray Players Thread

Good points Sludge. I have a lot of music on discs from mp3 to DVD-A and I was looking for something that can cover all the bases without having to buy separate units, space is a concern. My discs are like vinyl to me, I feel they sound better than streaming but I am warming up to it. DSD and such.

It seems like DAC's need a way to be updated while installed to keep up with the changes. I think there is another big jump in technology coming for them.

Maybe some new UHD 4k BR player can cover the 4k streaming, HDCP, and the audio requirements and come in one package.

Default Re: 4K UHD Blu-ray Players Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 14er View Post
    Good points Sludge. I have a lot of music on discs from mp3 to DVD-A and I was looking for something that can cover all the bases without having to buy separate units, space is a concern. My discs are like vinyl to me, I feel they sound better than streaming but I am warming up to it. DSD and such.

It seems like DAC's need a way to be updated while installed to keep up with the changes. I think there is another big jump in technology coming for them.

Maybe some new UHD 4k BR player can cover the 4k streaming, HDCP, and the audio requirements and come in one package.
    That is a tough situation, then. I don't use discs at all anymore and my PS4 won't even read CD's (what a pain) so I just rip everything to FLAC and use Plex media server on my computer and listen that way.

It is kind of surprising that only Samsung has released a product that does anything worth mentioning. I think because there are so many standards these days and because they are changing so very fast it is hard for people to come out with a product and feel like they won't have to update it in 6 months to cover some new standard again. Hopefully someone will release something that meets all of your needs soon.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers