Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any concensus on good HTM 200 wall mounts?

Default Re: Any concensus on good HTM 200 wall mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    I used these to mount them horizontally and they work and look excellent https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    How did you mount them horizontally? The two mounting screw holes in the back of the speaker are both offset to one side

Quote Originally Posted by photony83 View Post
    i went with these after reviews they can hold at least 15lbs comfortably.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these but the holes on the bracket are slightly closer together than the distance between the mounting screw holes on the HTM-200. Did you have the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by KPFury View Post
    How did you mount them horizontally? The two mounting screw holes in the back of the speaker are both offset to one side
    Horizontally it wasn't a problem with these mounts. It took me some time to find them but I researched this mount and the bracket provided is slotted the right size so it was a good fit for the two inserts. I was concerned since the inserts are offset that it wouldn't be balanced weight wise and could sag but the mount is strong enough. I also mounted mine into a beam for extra security during heavy bass scenes. I used them with the ascend inserts and provided screws. I was also able to tilt and swivel them exactly the same, locking the hex screws securely once I got the right placement. They haven't moved at all since installation. They mirror each other with the tweeter on the bottom just like I wanted and it worked beautifully without customizing anything.

However, if you wanted to mount them vertically with this kit you will most likely need to drill the cabinet and use strong corse wood screws or customize the optional vertical bracket.

IMG_1873.jpgIMG_1874.jpg
    Last edited by eyecatcher; 01-11-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Ascend Sierra ELX Towers RAAL | Ascend Sierra ELX Horizon RAAL | Ascend HTM-200SE | Rythmik F15HP | Anthem D2v 3D | Parasound Halo A51 | Schiit Yggdrasil OG | OPPO 105D

Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    Horizontally it wasn't a problem with these mounts. It took me some time to find them but I researched this mount and the bracket provided is slotted the right size so it was a good fit for the two inserts. I was concerned since the inserts are offset that it wouldn't be balanced weight wise and could sag but the mount is strong enough. I also mounted mine into a beam for extra security during heavy bass scenes. I used them with the ascend inserts and provided screws. I was also able to tilt and swivel them exactly the same, locking the hex screws securely once I got the right placement. They haven't moved at all since installation. They mirror each other with the tweeter on the bottom just like I wanted and it worked beautifully without customizing anything.

However, if you wanted to mount them vertically with this kit you will most likely need to drill the cabinet and use strong corse wood screws or customize the optional vertical bracket.

IMG_1873.jpgIMG_1874.jpg
    Hi , I know this is an old thread. However, can you please post a picture of the back of your speaker along with the mount.That will help in knowing how exactly you used those brackets.