Based on recommendations from the AV Rant podcast I ordered a pair of Sierra 1 and a Sierra 1 center, all B-stock. Just received them Monday. I have the satin cherry finish and I can't really find any flaws. MAYBE the hue of one of the speakers doesn't exactly match, but my mind could be playing tricks on me just looking for a flaw. Very pleased considering B-stock saved me about $150. I was very impressed with how well they were packaged. They had to travel across the country in an 18-wheeler.

In my limited time with them so far I am really impressed with their sound quality. The bass quality and response out of these little speakers blows my mind! I am in a fairly big room, roughly 13' x 25' but have large openings to the kitchen and foyer. I sit about 9-10' away. So far I am happy playing them full range without a sub for stereo music listening. The bass is very clean and articulate. I was concerned about how they'd perform in my open room, but not anymore. I have had much bigger speakers, even towers (albeit much lower quality) that do not match the bass output of these little Sierras. I know I'm going on about the bass - I just didn't know it was possible to get bass like that out of a small speaker. The mids and highs sound really good too. I'm finding out how much the quality of the source material matters. I need to do more listening and tweaking before I give a detailed opinion on the mids, highs and home theater content.

Do the speakers grill alter the sound any? I prefer to leave them off and not cover any of the cherry finish.

Also, I've been perusing the forum the last couple days and I shocked that someone in Dave's position responds to people's questions and factors in their input with future products. I really enjoyed going through the thread on the Sierra Sats and seeing how he gives updates and listens to feedback. I have never bought a product before where I have had access to upper management and/or engineers and designers. Kudos!