Thread: Moving Company Broke FV15HP SE

Default Moving Company Broke FV15HP SE

Greetings,

I recently moved across the country and had a 'professional' moving company pack and ship my belongings. During the pack at my old house they dropped my sub twice and broke the PEQ switch on the plate amp. I have a claim with them, but they state that unless I have a local company repair it I will have to pay to ship it back to Rythmik.

Is this something a local electronics company would be able to handle, or does it need to go back to Rythmik?

Thanks for any assistance.

Default Re: Moving Company Broke FV15HP SE

Can't imagine why you'd ship the whole sub. Just pull the amp and ship it to Rythmic. Although replacing a switch is trivial. Any decent electronics repair place should be able to do it in their sleep.

If it's just a switch on the amp I'd imagine any local electronics place could fix it.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

For that kind of repair we charge around $100 including shipping both ways. We will send you an empty box for you to pack the amp and ship it to us. In that way the amp won't get damaged during transit. Turn around time is about 2 weeks (including shipping time). Brian personally will repair the amp. If you are OK with this option, please send me an email to tech@rythmikaudio.com
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |