Thread: Method for tilting Horizon upwards?

Default Method for tilting Horizon upwards?

I'm due to receive a Horizon any week now, and I was thinking about tilting it upwards. I use a projector screen, and I don't have the option of putting the speaker behind it, so it would have to go below it, which would unfortunately place the tweeter below ear level.. I don't want the soundstage messed up too much, so I hope tilting it up will be good enough.

Is there some kind of tool or method people use for doing so? Before switching to Ascends, I briefly had a Klipsch system, and the center had a long thick screw in the bottom for the purpose of propping it up. I'm not sure if the Horizon has something similar, but I doubt it.

Default Re: Method for tilting Horizon upwards?

Quote Originally Posted by LexLynx View Post
    I'm due to receive a Horizon any week now, and I was thinking about tilting it upwards. I use a projector screen, and I don't have the option of putting the speaker behind it, so it would have to go below it, which would unfortunately place the tweeter below ear level.. I don't want the soundstage messed up too much, so I hope tilting it up will be good enough.

Is there some kind of tool or method people use for doing so? Before switching to Ascends, I briefly had a Klipsch system, and the center had a long thick screw in the bottom for the purpose of propping it up. I'm not sure if the Horizon has something similar, but I doubt it.
    I haven't used these but I hear great things.

http://www.auralex.com/product/mopad-mopad-xl/

Interesting. I just got speaker stands with carpet spikes and noticed the difference. Looks like these decouple as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLynx View Post
    Interesting. I just got speaker stands with carpet spikes and noticed the difference. Looks like these decouple as well.
    That is their main purpose and tilting was just an added bonus. They are also available on Amazon.