Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: (3x Horizon RAAL) vs. (Sierra 2 RAAL + Horizon RAAL)

Default Re: (3x Horizon RAAL) vs. (Sierra 2 RAAL + Horizon RAAL)

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I still think that going with the 3 way Sierras for the front stage instead of the (still incredible) 2 way speakers is important. That midrange driver is a real treat no matter how you look at it. Still, can't wait for my Sierra Sats for surround duty.
    Yeah, that midrange driver appeals me a lot. I enjoyed the mid driver in the Revel F36 a lot, so I can only believe that I will like the Horizon/Tower's mid, whichever I end up getting based on Dave's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorizon View Post
    Yes, but boy is it expensive to get custom cabinets! I checked with Dina.

Hoping Dave will consider front porting the Towers...
    We would be happy to offer you a front ported set of towers. It certainly is not a problem... Only issue is that our current production run of cabinets is nearly finished (painting / dying stage). You would have to wait for the next production run of cabinets (estimated lead time of 90 days) else the pricing will be much higher as it would be a true custom pair of cabinets, requiring our cabinet maker to build just the pair as opposed to a high volume run which is much more costly.

Please contact me by email to discuss...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We would be happy to offer you a front ported set of towers. It certainly is not a problem... Only issue is that our current production run of cabinets is nearly finished (painting / dying stage). You would have to wait for the next production run of cabinets (estimated lead time of 90 days) else the pricing will be much higher as it would be a true custom pair of cabinets, requiring our cabinet maker to build just the pair as opposed to a high volume run which is much more costly.

Please contact me by email to discuss...
    Dave, have you gotten a chance to read some of the prior discussion regarding the Horizon's imaging when used as mains as affected by its wide baffle?

I appears that the Towers would image better than the Horizons because the Tower's baffles are narrower, of course.

I'd be interested in front-ported Towers if there is a significant enough issue with the Horizon's imaging as mains to warrant going with custom Towers.
    Last edited by TheHorizon; 06-06-2016 at 08:23 PM.