Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra 2 questions (stands mostly)

Default Re: Sierra 2 questions (stands mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by idrather View Post
    Dave, you mentioned before about filing the stands but I forgot. What do you like to fill them with? Thank you.
    I like to use inexpensive clumping cat litter.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you Dave and everybody. Found a 40 lbs bag of it on Amazon. 99.9% dusty free too.

Instead of starting a new thread might as well use my old thread. I will be ordering a sierra 2 instead of horizon for my center channel due to an unforseen bill. It will sit on top of my tv stand with the TV mounted above it. Hopefully I can measure right and leave enough room to place the horizon on the stand eventually.

My tv stand sits about 24" off the ground, will I need to tilt the speaker up or is it about high enough? What would I use to tilt it if needed?

Also, I have my Sierra 2's about 11' from each other and I sit roughly 12' away from the TV and if I didn't know any better I would swear the sound was coming from the TV. Simply amazing. One time I turned off my receiver to mess with my sub and my tv speakers kicked on about I thought my ears were going to bleed, it sounded awful. I have no idea how I ever watched movies on that thing.

IMO, those Sanus stands are fairly heavy and stable so filling the columns with sand/pebble/steel balls are not really necessary...

I have a pair of custom Sierra 2 Skylan stands for sale on the For Sale section on this forum.
    Send a message.

Blutarsky

I got these $120 stands from Sanus, and I really love how they look:IMG_2613.JPG