Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ascend home theater

Default Re: Ascend home theater

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lawrence View Post
    Thanks sludgeogre. They are available through multiple resellers with various names. I got them through Amazon Prime. http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Cabi.../dp/B00153U1Z0

I used an angle grinder to cut an opening in the back. Much easier than I thought it would be.
    Very cool!
    What did you have to cut and why?
    -curtis

The mount had to be cut because the mounting plate is solid except for the slots used to accept screws for an LED TV (VESA mount). The mount plate covered the binding post on the 200's. I simply removed a section by joining 2 of the slots with 2 perpendicular cuts per mount. Take a look at the mount in the link and it will hopefully be clear. Otherwise, I can post a photo.

The mount had to be cut because the mounting plate is solid except for the slots used to accept screws for an LED TV (VESA mount). The mount plate covered the binding post on the 200's. I simply removed a section by joining 2 of the slots with 2 perpendicular cuts per mount. Take a look at the mount in the link and it will hopefully be clear. Otherwise, I can post a photo.
    Ahh!! I get it! That is a great solution!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Looks great!

Did you try the HTM-200SE's in a vertical orientation?
    Curtis and/or Dave, I'm curious, I just got my HTM-200 SE's last week that I'm using for surrounds right now, but I want to get a couple more pairs eventually and use them as rear surrounds and maybe add Atmos one day.

What are the benefits/drawbacks of vertical and horizontal orientation in the applications of near field monitor, surround, and Atmos?

-Alex

Thanks sludgeogre. They are available through multiple resellers with various names. I got them through Amazon Prime. http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Cabi.../dp/B00153U1Z0

I used an angle grinder to cut an opening in the back. Much easier than I thought it would be.
    Neat, how did you attach the mount to the speaker?

The red lines are where I cut the mount to expose the binding posts when mounted flush against the back of the htm-200.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave suggested using 1" screws. I bought #12 x 1" pan head wood screws from Lowes. The mount is very secure using only 2 screws per speaker (roughly 1" from the top of the enclosure).

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    Curtis and/or Dave, I'm curious, I just got my HTM-200 SE's last week that I'm using for surrounds right now, but I want to get a couple more pairs eventually and use them as rear surrounds and maybe add Atmos one day.

What are the benefits/drawbacks of vertical and horizontal orientation in the applications of near field monitor, surround, and Atmos?

-Alex
    Nearfield, probably nothing...for the other applications, I think it would be off axis characteristics.
    -curtis

Bro where did you get the tall stands for those surround

Quote Originally Posted by Mh1608 View Post
    Bro where did you get the tall stands for those surround
    Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VRREPG/