Thread: Odyssey, D-Sonic, Red Dragon Amp Experience?

Question Odyssey, D-Sonic, Red Dragon Amp Experience?

I am planning on ordering a set of RAAL Towers this month and I am looking for some good power to drive them with.

I am reading really good stuff about the Odyssey Khartago and the D-Sonic stuff. I read more mixed review on Red Dragon. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

The customization of the Khartago and its 20 year warranty is pretty impressive. The watt/$ ration of the D-Sonic is also impressive.

I have never had a class D amp for HiFi and have no idea what the sonic differences would be. I like the small, light weight cool running characteristics, but that is all I know. I would love to hear from anyone that has heard, or even lived with any of these amps.

Peace!

Default Re: Odyssey, D-Sonic, Red Dragon Amp Experience?

Never heard of either companies. So many amps out there, it's hard to keep up. They both look like solid companies, but it seems like you get some pretty great value from D-Sonic. I like the mono design, but I haven't heard a nice Class D amp before either. I've seen a lot of guys that love NAD and Wyred4Sound, who also make Class D amps, so it is possible to make great ones. One thing that Class D needs is a ton of power, and those D-Sonics have gobs of it that you'll never use, so you'll have plenty of headroom and you'll likely never find that weird point where Class D amps lose their juice and sound really flat, which is easy to do with cheap 20 dollar D and T amps. I'd say go for either one.