Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aerial Acoustics 7T / Serria Towers

Default Re: Aerial Acoustics 7T / Serria Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    And Aerial isn't the only offender, or near the worst offender, when it comes to using mid-price drivers in expensive speakers.
    Nowhere near the worst offender

This is the reason you won't find RAAL ribbons in any typical retail speaker, at least that I have seen that are under $25K/pair. Most speaker manufacturers have surprisingly high margins (wish we did)...

I was an engineer for a very popular speaker / subwoofer manufacturer for ten years. This company was on the cutting edge of home theater sound and satellite/subwoofer technology but even they had high profit margins and often used parts that most would consider to be inexpensive. I either would have been fired or laughed at if I suggested using a $350+ tweeter. $20-$30 tweeter, sure -- but $350+? The tweeter alone would have totaled more than the entire BOM of all of the other parts combined...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs up Re: Aerial Acoustics 7T / Serria Towers

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Nowhere near the worst offender

This is the reason you won't find RAAL ribbons in any typical retail speaker, at least that I have seen that are under $25K/pair. Most speaker manufacturers have surprisingly high margins (wish we did)...
    Dave,

I applaud your energy, passion and love for your business, through which your perfection and commitment to offering superb dollar value products, helps so many more audiophiles to enjoy and cherish music reproduction!! For the Ascend development, research and product selection investment, I know of No Other Audio manufacture that has achieved such success in sharing his\her Love of this wonderful art medium!!!

When retirement comes, rest assured your satisfaction and hard work in this type of business endeavor will provide you with much joy and peace, just as it has the lucky purchasers of Ascend products!

I know you receive accolades every day...here's mine in appreciation for the great audio business model you've created!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Aerial Acoustics 7T / Serria Towers

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Dave,

I applaud your energy, passion and love for your business, through which your perfection and commitment to offering superb dollar value products, helps so many more audiophiles to enjoy and cherish music reproduction!! For the Ascend development, research and product selection investment, I know of No Other Audio manufacture that has achieved such success in sharing his\her Love of this wonderful art medium!!!

When retirement comes, rest assured your satisfaction and hard work in this type of business endeavor will provide you with much joy and peace, just as it has the lucky purchasers of Ascend products!

I know you receive accolades every day...here's mine in appreciation for the great audio business model you've created!

Ted
    Ted,

Thanks so much for your kind comments I don't know what my retirement future has in store for me, but I honestly wouldn't mind kicking back every day and just listening to as much music as possible, even if in a retirement home or trailer Music is my means for relaxation and stress release.

As I'm sure you already know, this is a business where one gets involved because they are truly passionate about it, there really isn't much $$ to be made.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com