Thread: Confused about how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to my receiver

Default Confused about how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to my receiver

Hi all,

I just received the Rythmik L12 subwoofer today. For the input, the accompanying instruction sheet says:

LFE (mini-XLR)
    RCA (left and right)

I'm thoroughly confused. My receiver has a "subwoofer pre-out" and the manual says to use an "audio pin cable" to connect to the subwoofer.

I purchased this subwoofer cable (RCA to RCA) from Amazon, and it fits the LFE (mini-XLR) port on the Rythmik sub, but it's not a mini-XLR. If I don't connect it to the LFE port, where do I connect this? The only other input on the subwoofer is a left and right RCA, but my receiver only has a single subwoofer pre-out

Also, what is a mini-XLR cable? I Googled and I couldn't find one that fits the port on my receiver and the subwoofer (which both look like RCA connections).

Please help!

Thanks!

Default Re: Confused about how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to my receiver

Sounds like a typo in the manual. On Rythmik's site they advertise the L12 with RCA inputs only. Can you post a picture of the LFE input?

Default Re: Confused about how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to my receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Mac_III View Post
    Sounds like a typo in the manual. On Rythmik's site they advertise the L12 with RCA inputs only. Can you post a picture of the LFE input?
    Yes, you are right. It is a typo. Someone from Rythmik confirmed that it was a typo.

Thanks!