Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Has there been any discussion of these in Towers?
    Dave mentioned during a visit there would be no advantage.

These were specifically made for Dave by SEAS to use with this application of the Diamond tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Dave mentioned during a visit there would be no advantage.

These were specifically made for Dave by SEAS to use with this application of the Diamond tweeter.
    Thanks, Curtis. Misunderstanding about post replies. This one was in reference to diamond tweeters in towers.

My question about the mystery woofer in the S2-Di was not meant to be related to towers.

Do you know of posts on these two points already?

Thanks, Curtis. Misunderstanding about post replies. This one was in reference to diamond tweeters in towers.

My question about the mystery woofer in the S2-Di was not meant to be related to towers.

Do you know of posts on these two points already?
    Ok. I think I got you...

The woofer in the 2di is custom from SEAS made specifically for Dave’s application.

I haven’t seen any discussion of the Diamond tweeter in the Tower.

Has there been any discussion of these in Towers?
    Yes, we made a pair of towers with the diamond tweeters for a customer not too long ago.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9584#post59584

As far as the woofer in S2 diamonds, it uses an optimized SEAS Excel motor assembly combined with a specially treated Curv woofer cone that Claus at SEAS recommended we try. This modified cone material has even better self damping than the standard Curv woofer cone made by SEAS.

The motor assembly uses both upper and lower pure copper shorting rings (Faraday rings) to linearize magnetic flux, reduce distortion and dramatically reduce inductance. The result is a 6" woofer with incredible bass and dynamics that is quite shocking. The reduction in inductance also improves the mid and higher frequency response of the woofer.

The pure copper solid phase plug virtually eliminates any beaming, while also acting as a 3rd shorting ring while also functioning as a massive heatsink, improving cooling and thus reducing thermal compression.

Plain and simple, this is the best performing 6" woofer I have ever used and it is 100% custom to us.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Plain and simple, this is the best performing 6" woofer I have ever used and it is 100% custom to us.
    I bet that's cheap...
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Don't we wish it was cheap! I love my Sierra-2, but this woofer has me drooling. :-)

Dave, since this woofer has a phase plug, it must have a little less surface area than the Sierra-2 woofer, right? How does it achieve better bass? More excursion?

On our visit to hear the 2di, Dave was telling us how the woofers he had on hand for the speaker were the only ones in existence, and the scare he had with them.
    -curtis

Would there be any benefit to the S2di woofer when combined with either the standard Sierra-2 RAAL tweeter or the RAAL 70-20xr in the Sierra-2 cabinet?

Would the combination be any more/less efficient or is the RAAL the limiting factor there? What would the rough purchase cost be, if it even makes sense?

Not a crazy idea, but it would not be cheap - both drivers are quite a bit more expensive. The question is, how would performance compare to the standard S2 and the S2di, for the intermediate cost? And would anyone care and pay? Dave will have to guide us, here.