Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Wow!!
    -curtis

Very cool! I guess I will just have to stick it out with my RAAL’s. Lol

Woah. I'm more interested the off-axis performance of this speaker tweeter as I am more than satisfied with the RAAL. Ignorance is bliss.

Dave

Do you think it warrants a new Uber tower with better mid range and woofers to match with this tweeter in future or is it going to be a tweeter only upgrade for foreseeable future?

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Woah. I'm more interested the off-axis performance of this speaker tweeter as I am more than satisfied with the RAAL. Ignorance is bliss.

I’m pretty sure that Dave mentioned earlier in the thread that the dispersion would be just like any other dome tweeter. So the raal ribbon tweeter will have wider dispersion. In just about all other areas the diamond tweeter will outperform the raal ribbon tweeter though, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Very cool! Any chance to get a full set of measurements on them and see if you can correlate the differences you hear to features in the measurements vs RAAL Towers??? My previous experience with equalization in an active crossover showed me that very small differences had a discernible effect on the character of the sound.
    We will only publish measurements for products that are in production. This is a special custom order and designed specifically for what this customer was looking for. SEAS Diamond tweeter speakers are purely custom and on a case by case basis so we will discuss preferences with the customer and design a crossover around their particular tastes...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Horizontal off-axis is representative of a typical 1 inch dome tweeter. Although the slight waveguide in the tweeter faceplate does improve off-axis response. Measurement wise, I don't think I have ever measured better horizontal off-axis than the RAAL's and I doubt I ever will... As expected, the diamond dome has greater vertical dispersion than the RAAL ribbons...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    In just about all other areas the diamond tweeter will outperform the raal ribbon tweeter though, he said.
    I wouldn't go that far... They are different, they both have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other. Give me a tweeter that takes the best characteristics of the RAAL 70-20 and combine that with the best characteristics of the SEAS white diamond, technically impossible to do but I can dream....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

... plasma ...

Would love to hear the Sierra Diamond monitors. Dave, are you going to put out your personal pair for demo or are you waiting on additional drivers? Any possible ETA on when a demo might be available? Thanks