Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

B stock pricing on this thing?

Interesting! In a few years (after we move) I might have some interest in a high end Tower. While you are at it, any advantage to going all out and investigating some of the high end SEAS mid and bass drivers too?

Maybe I can continue the trend.....get the first pair Brandon, you cheapskate.

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Thanks Curtis for the heads-up, just overlooked the dispersion response graph. Understood it is a custom RAAL design, just looks like their 70-10D ribbon model.

Ted
    It's a bit smaller than the 70-10, and the backside is different.
    -curtis

What are we talking about here? A ten thousand dollar monitor?

Just had a look at it on the SEAS website.

The faceplate is made of Corian...the stuff the make kitchen counters out of. Wow.
    -curtis

Thumbs up Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Yep, and to better match the diamond dome transducer, a machined granite faceplate with a Swarovski Crystal rear resonant chamber and 24K gold terminals would help to swallow the investment price-of-admission (but then, all that stuff may just sound like %#@&*$, hehe)!

Knowing Dave and Seas, they'll get a supreme custom diamond transducer created that will be pure audio magic at a fraction of current market value, however that would probably still triple the S2 and tower value purchases. Considering that scenario, the potential real world performance versus with what is out in the market place now (a Lot of Extreme High $$$ speaker systems), this could be an exciting auditory industry revelation King at a small fraction of investment...Hmmmmmm!!!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 04-23-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Being a Dome Tweeter guy this looks very interesting!! Yeah I can picture that in my Tower..��
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Will someone who already owns RAAL towers be able to upgrade his towers to this new dome super-tweeter?

If yes, count me in.

I genuinely can't figure out if this is a late April Fool prank or not.

Wink Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by S20 View Post
    I genuinely can't figure out if this is a late April Fool prank or not.
    No prank, HERE it exist!!

Seems Dave put it out there to determine what interest the Ascend loyalty may have with what could be described as the "world's best tweeter"! The RAAL investment has been a huge success for Ascend and if the auditory gain of the Seas Diamond Dome can be as significant as the RAAL was over the Sierra 1 dome (at a reasonable cost), audiophiles could come away with the possibility of a "World Class Monitor/Tower"!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 04-23-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    No prank, HERE it exist!!

Seems Dave put it out there to determine what interest the Ascend loyalty may have with what could be described as the "world's best tweeter"! The RAAL investment has been a huge success for Ascend and if the auditory gain of the Seas Diamond Dome can be as significant as the RAAL was over the Sierra 1 dome (at a reasonable cost), audiophiles could come away with the possibility of a "World Class Monitor/Tower"!

Ted
    I don't think 'reasonable cost' is part of this equation. I think this is new territory - 'cost no object'.