Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone compared the EX to Dynaudio Special 40 or Heritage Special?

Default Anyone compared the EX to Dynaudio Special 40 or Heritage Special?

Curious to hear any and everything. Also, it has been a while since I have been here. After an order is place, how fast until they are out the door? Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone compared the EX to Dynaudio Special 40 or Heritage Special?

Quote Originally Posted by RRT-NPS View Post
    Curious to hear any and everything. Also, it has been a while since I have been here. After an order is place, how fast until they are out the door? Thanks.
    It looks like these retail for about double what the 2EX sell for. Maybe the Raal towers would be a better comparison?
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    It looks like these retail for about double what the 2EX sell for. Maybe the Raal towers would be a better comparison?
    factory direct pricing vs retail pricing; I think they would be in the same league. I would wager the EX would be more than 3500 if sold through brick and mortar.

Exclamation Re: Anyone compared the EX to Dynaudio Special 40 or Heritage Special?

Dynaudio Heritages Sell for $7K! If I was interested in that investment, I'd positively consider the Sierra S2Di (w\Seas Diamond Tweeter) purchase, as that I believe would Easily Perform way beyond the Heritages (S2di possibly the best .5 cf stand monitor on the world market)!!!

Actually, I have no doubt my current Sierra-2EX (currently at a 79% savings over the Heritage) would Easily compete and even excel over the Heritages!!

I don't think Dave is keeping any of the Seas Diamond Tweeters in stock (investment may sit too long), but if you talk with him or Dina, they'll be able to give you a good estimate on a S2di build/ship date. My Sierra-2EX (3/2021) and the past Sierra-2's (3/2016)/Sierra-NrT's (3/2011) each were delivered to me within 7-10 days from order date!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 10-17-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

I haven’t heard either Dynaudio but have seen measurements of the Special 40, and Sierra 2EX are far superior. I know measurements aren’t everything, but research shows they do matter. I’d save some coin and try the S2EX.
    Last edited by RMW; 10-17-2021 at 07:03 PM.

if the item is in stock / not on backorder, we typically ship within 1-3 business days of order placement. For Sierra-2EX, we have all components needed for assembly in stock
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Nate,

It is important to avoid equating retail pricing with performance. I guarantee the Sierra-2EX costs considerably more to manufacture than the Dyn Special 40.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

How about comparing the 2EX against a $10K+/pair full range floor stander? I was over a friend's place on Saturday and he played a few songs through his Aerial Acoustics 7T's powered by Musical Fidelity mono block amps with a BAT tube preamp. Sounded very nice!

When I got home I had to fire up my Sierra-2EX's. Bottom line: Dave is spot on. DO NOT judge a speaker by its price! I'm sure in a side by side a/b shootout those Aerials would take 1st place, but I was not wanting to replace the EX's.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Nate,

It is important to avoid equating retail pricing with performance. I guarantee the Sierra-2EX costs considerably more to manufacture than the Dyn Special 40.
    I have no doubt that the Sierra 2EX would outperform the Special 40, but what I meant was if he's considering spending $3000 for a pair of speakers, then he should get the towers.
    Nate

Thumbs up Re: Anyone compared the EX to Dynaudio Special 40 or Heritage Special?

I have no doubt that the Sierra 2EX would outperform the Special 40, but what I meant was if he's considering spending $3000 for a pair of speakers, then he should get the towers.
    Yep...if someone is set on that $3K investment, then the RAAL Towers would be a wise end-all purchase!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!