Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by dtsequoia View Post
    So that woofer...Anything like that sexy beast a possible upgrade for the tower mid?
    see post #252 from Dave in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
    see post #252 from Dave in this thread.
    Thanks Sam....here's the direct link.
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9699#post59699
    -curtis

crystal cable diamond.jpg

crystal cable diamond2.jpg

crystal cable diamond3.jpg

Saw these at RMAF--Crystal Cable Diamond speakers. Hooked my DAP up to them and played around with them for about 20 mins or so. They have very smooth highs, just like the Sierra 2 Di when I demoed them at Ascend. But as the Stereophile review showed, and I can confirm, there a couple of weird peaks in the upper bass and lower mids kind of ruins the sound and makes it sound a bit muddy (although Stereophile still listed them as Class A). The cabinet also resonates quite a bit during playback. A real shame they are charging $20k for these...

For me the best in show was the Borreson 01, these are made by the founders of Raidho Acoustics with a evolution/derivative of the Raidho ribbon and a ceramic woofer of some kind, not sure if it's coated with diamond like the Raidho D-series. They cost an eye watering $30,000 a pair. I think a "Sierra 3" with a RAAL 70-20 and the prototype Seas curv woofer could really shake up the 2-way high end ribbon monitor market, which I think is a bit plagued with sky high prices at the moment.

borresen 01.jpg

Speaking of RAAL I also ran into Aleksander Radisavljevic who was very friendly and showed off his new prototype headphones using modified RAAL tweeters. They look a bit rough at this time (perhaps an understatement) and aren't particularly comfortable, but they sound incredibly transparent and certainly look to take over the "AKG K1000/Jecklin Float" market.

raal headphone2.jpg
    raal headphone.jpg

Also lots of famous audio people were at the show, like Tyll Hertsons, Andrew Jones, even retired Spurs center David Robinson was hanging out. Was very cool show all around.
    Last edited by Asliang; 10-07-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Finally!!! Just got these in today together with another set of those magical woofers.

Hoping to build my pair of diamond S2's within the next week or so. I truly miss them...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Finally!!! Just got these in today together with another set of those magical woofers.

Hoping to build my pair of diamond S2's within the next week or so. I truly miss them...
    Very nice! By posting this you are once again at risk to lose them to another lucky soul

Excellent Dave...Really looking forward to your "S2" design with the Seas Diamonds and your take on their presentation capabilities in a 2.1 system!!

BTW, are these custom proprietary diamond tweeter builds for AA?

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Excellent Dave...Really looking forward to your "S2" design with the Seas Diamonds and your take on their presentation capabilities in a 2.1 system!!

Ted
    Ted,
    Did you see this?
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9706#post59706
    -curtis

Thumbs up Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post

No I hadn't, Curtis...thanks for the quick reference!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post

Ted
    Hi Ted,

I believe I posted my thoughts on this speaker a few pages back. The only thing custom with these diamond tweeters is the face plate.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

... The only thing custom with these diamond tweeters is the face plate.
    Available in white and black?