Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by Asliang View Post
    The Home Entertainment show...
    FWIW...I went to this show this year. I go almost every year, but this year I had not really planned on it. I had to get out the house on Sunday and do something.

It was TERRIBLE. The number of vendors was low, nothing that really interested me. The highlight to me was talking to Mark Waldrep of AIX Records (I go to his booth whenever I see it) and talked to him about the show...he said the traffic was really low. We also talked about MQA...that's a whole different story.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have decades of experience at these shows and started to absolutely hate them about 20 years ago. One of the things I promised myself when I started Ascend was to never do these shows again. One option might be to partner with another company who already has a room such that they show off our speakers with their equipment etc, and we just provide some literature...

That is basically the most that I would be willing to do.
    That would be great if you can partner with someone and have a presence at these shows. For e.g. very few people would buy a speaker with diamond tweeters without actually hearing them, especially when there's 15% re-stocking fees.

I was the first one to take a delivery of RAAL towers, but there was a good feedback on RAAL tweeters all around. Whereas there's absolutely no feedback on diamond tweeters. I would love to listen/audition them before I can pull the trigger. If you can partner with someone, at least few of potential customers can get to listen to them and it can create a positive buzz.
    Is there a chance you can partner with someone at California Audio Show show in Oakland at the end of this month? I have been going there for last few years and have always enjoyed my time there.

This is my review of my custom Serria tower with the Seas Diamond Tweeter.

So... First I have to say that the fit and finish of the speakers surprised me...the finish is as good as I have ever seen...and the box is so soild...and well made...Are these cabinets on piece?...Still today every time I see them , I see the quality of the cabinet...I am so pleased with the looks and I got lucky as the color matches exactly with my wife's piano...So the two musical instruments in my home match.

Bass...The first day I set the speakers up about 2 feet out from the corners because I thought it would help them image , but at that distance from the corner I was wanting more Bass response. And over all the speakers sound a little lean in there response unless I was playing at very high volume levels...you had warned me that I would most likely need a sub woofer so I wasn't too worried.

But the second day I placed the speakers back more into the corners, about 6 inches from the corners, which is were I need them to be to look best in the room, and now the Bass is perfect and strong...I can feel it..and not booming, the Bass is the most musical bass I have ever heard. When I hear Bass I know what instrument produced it..A drum, guitar, or lower registrar piano keys..

Midrange driver. The midrange driver doesn't seem to have any coloration...I cannot heard it doing anything wrong...In the past I always seem to hear a softness to poly type cones, like the dynaudio drivers...but all I hear out of this driver is music and the most detail I have ever heard from a speaker. No other driver even comes close, most of my speakers in the past used at least 6 1/2 drivers, and these are the first Neo magnet speakers I have owned..

Tweeter...Did you hook it up?...As I said I hear no coloration from the midrange driver, but I get no sense that the tweeter is even playing, except for the fact that I hear details on every recording that I have owned for years that I never even knew were there. So much more description of the voice or instruments, every detail of Joan Baez's voice...with the details being at the correct volume, making the singers sound so life like. With all this new detail the voices convey so much more emotion. I also hear things like a actual voice supporting the singer in the back round that now stands out as clear as a bell that I never even heard before. This tweeter conveys the presents and power of the
    music like I have never heard before. The music is so '' life like".

The midrange and tweeter blend so well it as if I am listening to one driver...so much information with such power and conviction and emotion ...its hard to believe I am listening to a 5 " midrange and 1" tweeter....

It's a world class tweeter that someone has to hear to believe, and the midrange driver is in the same category...but it is Dave's design and crossover work that make this a GREAT speaker!

Very cool. Would be awesome to be able to hear a pair some day.

Hi Skater1950:
    Thanks for your review and impressions. Really helps someone like me into right direction. What speakers were you using before?
    cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by skater1950 View Post
    This is my review of my custom Serria tower with the Seas Diamond Tweeter.

So... First I have to say that the fit and finish of the speakers surprised me...the finish is as good as I have ever seen...and the box is so soild...and well made...Are these cabinets on piece?...Still today every time I see them , I see the quality of the cabinet...I am so pleased with the looks and I got lucky as the color matches exactly with my wife's piano...So the two musical instruments in my home match.

Bass...The first day I set the speakers up about 2 feet out from the corners because I thought it would help them image , but at that distance from the corner I was wanting more Bass response. And over all the speakers sound a little lean in there response unless I was playing at very high volume levels...you had warned me that I would most likely need a sub woofer so I wasn't too worried.

But the second day I placed the speakers back more into the corners, about 6 inches from the corners, which is were I need them to be to look best in the room, and now the Bass is perfect and strong...I can feel it..and not booming, the Bass is the most musical bass I have ever heard. When I hear Bass I know what instrument produced it..A drum, guitar, or lower registrar piano keys..

Midrange driver. The midrange driver doesn't seem to have any coloration...I cannot heard it doing anything wrong...In the past I always seem to hear a softness to poly type cones, like the dynaudio drivers...but all I hear out of this driver is music and the most detail I have ever heard from a speaker. No other driver even comes close, most of my speakers in the past used at least 6 1/2 drivers, and these are the first Neo magnet speakers I have owned..

Tweeter...Did you hook it up?...As I said I hear no coloration from the midrange driver, but I get no sense that the tweeter is even playing, except for the fact that I hear details on every recording that I have owned for years that I never even knew were there. So much more description of the voice or instruments, every detail of Joan Baez's voice...with the details being at the correct volume, making the singers sound so life like. With all this new detail the voices convey so much more emotion. I also hear things like a actual voice supporting the singer in the back round that now stands out as clear as a bell that I never even heard before. This tweeter conveys the presents and power of the
    music like I have never heard before. The music is so '' life like".

The midrange and tweeter blend so well it as if I am listening to one driver...so much information with such power and conviction and emotion ...its hard to believe I am listening to a 5 " midrange and 1" tweeter....

It's a world class tweeter that someone has to hear to believe, and the midrange driver is in the same category...but it is Dave's design and crossover work that make this a GREAT speaker!
    Skater1950.

Thanks for posting your review of the custom diamond towers. This pair of speakers was a true labor of love for us and I greatly miss them. As we had discussed by email multiple times, I was exceedingly pleased just how well the white diamond tweeter blended with the stock tower midrange. I also fully agree that it is a tweeter that needs to be heard, hopefully we will be able to make it a bit more mainstream for that niche market...

Thanks again!!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Skater1950.

Thanks for posting your review of the custom diamond towers. This pair of speakers was a true labor of love for us and I greatly miss them. As we had discussed by email multiple times, I was exceedingly pleased just how well the white diamond tweeter blended with the stock tower midrange. I also fully agree that it is a tweeter that needs to be heard, hopefully we will be able to make it a bit more mainstream for that niche market...

Thanks again!!!!
    Out of curiosity Dave, How does the mid-top end sound compared to the towers using the NRT dome? I'm sure there are tonal and timbre improvements with the Seas Diamond, but are there also improvements in the soundstage imaging, depth and 3D placement of instruments and vocals?

Thanks,

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Out of curiosity Dave, How does the mid-top end sound compared to the towers using the NRT dome? I'm sure there are tonal and timbre improvements with the Seas Diamond, but are there also improvements in the soundstage imaging, depth and 3D placement of instruments and vocals?

Thanks,

Ted
    Hi Ted,

I would say there were significant improvements across the board from ~1600Hz and up. And since soundstage / imaging cues are mostly in the upper frequencies, improvements in this area were quite noticeable. I wouldn't go as far to say night and day, but everyone who listened (and we did direct A/B comparisons) noticed improvements.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Something special for a demo tomorrow.

It just doesn't get any better than this for a bookshelf speaker.... Enjoy!
    Last edited by davef; 11-02-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Something special for a demo tomorrow.

It just doesn't get any better than this for a bookshelf speaker.... Enjoy!
    Very cool! Any details on that woofer?