Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
The woofer would be the most audible change and by a large margin.

Yes, absolutely - a new crossover would be required as well.

Guys - I know this is exciting but we are jumping the gun just a bit at this point. It is fun speculating but these woofers have never been mass produced before and SEAS has a few concerns about production quantities of this special Curv cone. Until SEAS is able to confirm that they can reliably mass produce these and at a price and quantity I am comfortable with, it really is all speculation. I truly hope we will be able to offer these in a standard product but for now they remain a very limited hand assembled prototype woofer that we are matching with the white diamond tweeter.
Dave, We (I) realize this is a bit of wishful thinking and may take a long time to materialize, IF it ever does. I have been working on a project for a new-to-market product that is now going on 2 years. We had a very positive field test and thought we had hit it out of the park, until we encountered a hiccup. Fortunately the customer is working with us to iron out the wrinkles, but it could take some time.

We know you will do your best to explore the best options in the end. If I have to "get by" with the standard woofer in my Sierra-2's then I will have to suck it up!