Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    No worries Dave! I know if/when this becomes the real deal it will be due to your insane level of commitment and long work hours. Everyone here appreciates your hard work!

I am still enjoying my "standard" Sierra-2's very much so I am really in a good place even without the EX woofer!
    Thank you - your comments are greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    I think this new speaker should be named the Sierra-EX, or S-EX for short.

But I'm concerned because I think it might be illegal to sell S-EX over the internet.

Dave might have to move his business to Nevada.

LOL - we decided a while back that if we can make this happen, the new version would indeed be the Sierra-2 EX. But you just brought up something I hadn't even thought about, and I think I like it even more now!

What's that old saying, SEX sells

Nevada here we come!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thank you - your comments are greatly appreciated!

LOL - we decided a while back that if we can make this happen, the new version would indeed be the Sierra-2 EX. But you just brought up something I hadn't even thought about, and I think I like it even more now!

What's that old saying, SEX sells

Nevada here we come!
    "Directly from the renowned Bunny Ranch in sunny Nevada, we bring you bamboo-covered SEX!"
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    "Directly from the renowned Bunny Ranch in sunny Nevada, we bring you bamboo-covered SEX!"
    What happens in the listening room stays in the listening room?....... That would make many here so sad though!

Quote Originally Posted by D33vious View Post
    What happens in the listening room stays in the listening room?....... That would make many here so sad though!
    It's a good thing our listening room is so well damped... Because if those walls could talk
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Looks like the Sierra's with Diamond tweeter have hit the used market: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...9d001-tweeter/

Quote Originally Posted by RMW View Post
    Looks like the Sierra's with Diamond tweeter have hit the used market: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...9d001-tweeter/
    If I only had the funds!!!!
    -curtis

If anyone on here has the new diamonds could you provide your thoughts on them... it's a sizable purchase and I'm trying to do as much research as possible before pulling the trigger. In particular, I'd specifically be interested in hearing from people that had past experience with the nrt... is the difference night and day?

Quote Originally Posted by Crk140 View Post
    If anyone on here has the new diamonds could you provide your thoughts on them... it's a sizable purchase and I'm trying to do as much research as possible before pulling the trigger. In particular, I'd specifically be interested in hearing from people that had past experience with the nrt... is the difference night and day?
    The difference isn't night or day... the diamond tweeter provides a listening experience unlike anything you have ever heard. I have used many types of tweeters in my almost 50 years of being an audiophile, horns,domes, ribbons... but none of them are at the level of this diamond tweeter. This tweeter provides much more information about the music...Details ,Details...it corrects the sound of things you heard from other tweeters , and also allows you to hear things you didn't heard with other tweeters...and it does this without ever calling attention to the fact that its a transducer.... It just pure Music.

Quote Originally Posted by skater1950 View Post
    The difference isn't night or day... the diamond tweeter provides a listening experience unlike anything you have ever heard. I have used many types of tweeters in my almost 50 years of being an audiophile, horns,domes, ribbons... but none of them are at the level of this diamond tweeter. This tweeter provides much more information about the music...Details ,Details...it corrects the sound of things you heard from other tweeters , and also allows you to hear things you didn't heard with other tweeters...and it does this without ever calling attention to the fact that its a transducer.... It just pure Music.
    So, sounds to me it WOULD be a night and day difference, no? And for what these gems cost I'd hope so!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by skater1950 View Post
    In summary this tweeter is better than anything else you've heard in 50 years?