Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
I don't think 'reasonable cost' is part of this equation. I think this is new territory - 'cost no object'.
You're correct SG. For Ascend's equation, this does seem like a "cost no object" growth toward audio reproduction perfection. However, after reviewing the world audiophile speaker systems market place (ranging from $10K on up through $1M...and yes, totally out of my interest and pocket book... see HERE ), then Ascend and Dave could bring to that top-end speaker elitist group a true "Reasonable Cost" product that certainly would not give up Anything to the top end speaker market in the way of realistic home audio speaker musical reproduction.

Probably like most here though, wondering would an incremental increase a diamond high end could offer, be worth 3x+ the price tag of their already superb RAAL high end systems? I can't answer that and seems Dave is in the beginning stages to determine answers to the same questions. But I'm sure if he goes for it, between Seas and Ascend, they'll obtain a world class transducer system that for it's final price-of-admission, befuddle the speaker industry with the question, "how'd he do that"?!

Ted