Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 366

Thread: Diamond Tweeter?

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    ...
    BTW, are these custom proprietary diamond tweeter builds for AA?
    Also see:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9065#post59065

    So, (some) earlier S2Di pics have been removed to avoid confusion about appearance going forward?
    Last edited by jimb; 11-03-2018 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Also see:
    http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...9065#post59065

    So, (some) earlier S2Di pics have been removed to avoid confusion about appearance going forward?
    Correct - I will be post new pics when I finish up the next pair, my pair
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Another pair of S2 diamonds about to go to a lucky customer. We built these up using a custom manufactured tweeter isolation insert that effectively isolates the diamond tweeter from the cabinet, thus preventing any resonances from reaching the tweeter. This is made from thermoplastic polyurethane.

    These speakers are literally jaw dropping in their performance, hopefully one day soon I will have my own pair
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.E. La. - USA
    Posts
    218

    Thumbs up Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Another pair of S2 diamonds about to go to a lucky customer. We built these up using a custom manufactured tweeter isolation insert that effectively isolates the diamond tweeter from the cabinet, thus preventing any resonances from reaching the tweeter. This is made from thermoplastic polyurethane.

    These speakers are literally jaw dropping in their performance, hopefully one day soon I will have my own pair
    They Are Also Gorgeous Dave!!

    Bet they'd be a Huge Audiophile Hit come April @ AXPONA in Chicago!!!

    Ted
    Sierra-2EX, Axiom EP 500, Emotiva USP-1, Emotiva UPA-2, Phillips CD880 (dedicated 2.1 listening room)!

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    They Are Also Gorgeous Dave!!

    Bet they'd be a Huge Audiophile Hit come April @ AXPONA in Chicago!!!

    Ted
    Let me know when you are ready for a pair
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Dave,

    At some point will we be able to see measurements of the diamond tweeter compared to the NrT and RAAL 70-20?

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ed_bob View Post
    Dave,

    At some point will we be able to see measurements of the diamond tweeter compared to the NrT and RAAL 70-20?
    Since we generally customize the response a bit for the individuals taste - it is unlikely we will post measurements since they will vary. However, should we make the diamonds a standard product, then yes - we will post them. However, it is unlikely you would see much difference in frequency response measurements. 2 tone / 3 tone testing would likely be the best way to show performance differences but this is complicated. I might have to come up with something unique....
    .
    .
    .
    Good Sound To You!

    David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    ... 2 tone / 3 tone testing would likely be the best way to show performance differences but this is complicated. I might have to come up with something unique....
    Interesting!

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Has there been any discussion of these in Towers?

  10. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Diamond Tweeter?

    Sorry. I'm being slow here. What is the woofer in that S2-Di?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •