Thread: Super noob saying hi from Virginia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Super noob saying hi from Virginia

Hi everyone. I'm new to everything. My speakers have been limited to cheap external computer speakers or internal speakers from my laptop. I recently lost my father to cancer and just a couple weeks ago I received news that a friend has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer at the young age of 34.

As a workaholic, these recent events have made me re-evaluate my life. I have decided to make some lifestyle changes. Diet, exercise and sleep are tenets of a healthy lifestyle. The other big one is stress, and that's where I'm hoping the new speakers from Ascend Acoustics will fill in the gap.

I placed an order for the Sierra-2 and the Rythmik subwoofer a couple days ago in hopes of enjoying my life more. I'm hoping to chill and reduce some stress in my life listening to music and maybe add some years onto my life.

It's been an expensive journey. I started the journey with an initial budget of $300 max. After feverishly researching speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, DACs, etc the past couple of weeks, I spent $2500 total for my setup with a mere few clicks of my mouse!

Of course, the obligatory, "my wife doesn't approve" but she doesn't approve of a lot of things.

Sorry about the dramatic introduction
    Last edited by adamk77; 04-20-2016 at 01:58 PM.