Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super noob saying hi from Virginia

Default Re: Super noob saying hi from Virginia

Welcome Adam. I recently lost my sister to stage 4 lung cancer, and have a similar set up to yours.

Sierra 2's and a 12" Rythmik Sub. I'm fortunate to have a corrected listening space, which makes it all so nice.

As to placement, Isoacoustics, etc., I find the set up works very very well in near field mode and a more traditional (8 foot removed) placement.

I have my Sierra's adjacent to my work surface, and enjoy them at low volume and close in, as well as a bit more dBs at a distance. The detail on the Sierra 2's can be appreciated from any distance!

As Dave said, pick your genre for the evening, and let it all go. A beverage of your choosing never hurts as well!

Default Re: Super noob saying hi from Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    Welcome Adam. I recently lost my sister to stage 4 lung cancer, and have a similar set up to yours.

Sierra 2's and a 12" Rythmik Sub. I'm fortunate to have a corrected listening space, which makes it all so nice.

As to placement, Isoacoustics, etc., I find the set up works very very well in near field mode and a more traditional (8 foot removed) placement.

I have my Sierra's adjacent to my work surface, and enjoy them at low volume and close in, as well as a bit more dBs at a distance. The detail on the Sierra 2's can be appreciated from any distance!

As Dave said, pick your genre for the evening, and let it all go. A beverage of your choosing never hurts as well!
    I'm so sorry to hear that Jaybeez. It's such a horrible disease for both the ailing and the care takers. We're all wow'ed and impressed with technology like mobile phones and wearable devices, but the more I learn about the human body the more it feels like we don't know much.

Great to hear it works well close in! I'm planning on moving some needless furniture out of the office to hopefully help with the sound.

Mmmm, beer