Thread: best setup possible?

Cool best setup possible?

hi i am after buying the ascend acoustics sierra 2s for the 3 main fronts with ribbon upgrade i would like to know what would be the best rears to use with the sieerras2s in your opinions? i want them to be perfect partner also i want the perfect amp want to do 11.2 with latest future specs i am deciding between marantz 7010 or denonx6200w would they be a great match for the speakers or can anybody recommend better amp want very best sound quality for what the speakers can do also i want to add either emotive xpa3 or marantz pm6005 for additional pre outs so i can run the fronts and centre from the amp what would be better or again what do people recommend? also what speaker cable do people recommend i want it to enhance the capabilities of what the speakers can do i want 100% performance from them also would 2 hsu vtf 3 mk5 or rythmik fv15hp be the better performer for this setup or any other sub? also what rca subwoofer cable would you use with this setup? also i want 4 dolby atmos height speakers that you mount high up next to the ceiling what do people recommend for this setup? would the htm 200se be good height speakers or svs primes even also need additional back surrounds would the htm 200se be best or any other for this duty i want 60% movies 30% music 10% games the size of my room is 16ft wide by 8feet depth 12 feet heigh i like pop techno rock rnb classical heavy metal jazz hip hop i have 8500 to 10,000$ max to spend or could anybody recommend another complete setup that would blow this setup out of the water for the same price thanks

Default Re: best setup possible?

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy156 View Post
    hi i am after buying the ascend acoustics sierra 2s for the 3 main fronts with ribbon upgrade i would like to know what would be the best rears to use with the sieerras2s in your opinions? i want them to be perfect partner also i want the perfect amp want to do 11.2 with latest future specs i am deciding between marantz 7010 or denonx6200w would they be a great match for the speakers or can anybody recommend better amp want very best sound quality for what the speakers can do also i want to add either emotive xpa3 or marantz pm6005 for additional pre outs so i can run the fronts and centre from the amp what would be better or again what do people recommend? also what speaker cable do people recommend i want it to enhance the capabilities of what the speakers can do i want 100% performance from them also would 2 hsu vtf 3 mk5 or rythmik fv15hp be the better performer for this setup or any other sub? also what rca subwoofer cable would you use with this setup? also i want 4 dolby atmos height speakers that you mount high up next to the ceiling what do people recommend for this setup? would the htm 200se be good height speakers or svs primes even also need additional back surrounds would the htm 200se be best or any other for this duty i want 60% movies 30% music 10% games the size of my room is 16ft wide by 8feet depth 12 feet heigh i like pop techno rock rnb classical heavy metal jazz hip hop i have 8500 to 10,000$ max to spend or could anybody recommend another complete setup that would blow this setup out of the water for the same price thanks
    Lots to parse through here and I'm sure Dave will chime in, but here's what I've learned so far:

- For surround speakers, the perfect match would either be two more Sierra 2's or to wait for the Sierra Sat to come out in a month or two and use those for every other speaker besides L/C/R. Another option would be the HTM 200 SE, but I can't speak to how well those will blend. Others can chime in, especially Dave.

- Either the Marantz or Denon receiver will be fine. You don't need gobs of power for the Sierra 2. I don't think adding an Emotiva amp will do much for you. I'd say just stick with the great receiver.

- Don't go crazy with speaker cable. I buy everything from Blue Jeans Cable and I couldn't be happier with the sound. That or entry level Audio Quest cables should make you very happy. If you spend more than that you are going to get barely any benefit. Your money is MUCH better spent on the best speakers you can afford.

- For a subwoofer, I think the extremely tight and precise Rythmik sound is what you are going to want with Ascend speakers. I was close to buying HSU subs, but they are easy to over drive and do not have the kind of accuracy that a servo sub has. Any of the Rythmik subs will make you happy, just select based on how big of a room you have. The FV15HP is extremely popular and has had great reviews here. I think you would be best served by that sub. You don't have a very big room, so the 15 inch woofer might even be overkill. Smaller subs in a dual configuration might be the way to go, I have two F12's and I absolutely love them, but since you are looking at ported then two LVX12's or two FVX15's might do the trick.

- RCA cable is not going to make any difference on your subwoofer performance as long as you aren't running more than about 40 feet of cable and as long as the cable makes a good connection. The Blue Jeans RCA cables are perfect for this application and won't cost you much.

- Dave hasn't spoken to making Atmos speakers yet, but I think the HTM 200 SE would work very well for them since they are sealed and have great output and dispersion, plus they are affordable and it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on Atmos speakers.

I think the only upgrade you should consider would be stepping up to the towers and Horizon center if you have the money and the space. I loooooove my towers and center, but I haven't heard the Sierra 2's in comparison, so Dave or someone else can probably help you there.

I would highly recommend Sierra Raal Towers, Horizon Raal center, Anthem MRX 1120 (superb sounding 11 channel atmos receiver), dual Rythmik Sub's the biggest you can fit. Spend the most of your budget for the front 5-7.2 and processing. As far as rears - your priority was for movies I personally think the HTM200's would be fine and you don't have to go crazy for the heights anything aesthetically pleasing as they are mostly for ambiance or even some accessories4 less yamaha flush mount in ceiling and whatever is left in your budget for cables, I like blue jeans but you can get by with monoprice..

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy156 View Post
    Hi markyboy156,

Please feel free to send us an email or just PM me... A bit too much to sort through here and it would be easier to discuss with us directly as we would have questions to ask you as well in order to make the best recommendations.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com