Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post a recent experience with my 4 year old CMT 340s.

We watched a movie one night at our church and I volunteered my CMTs to be used as speakers. The building was around 80 feet long and 40 feet wide with a very high ceiling, maybe around 30 feet at its highest point. I paired the CMTs with two 12 inch subs. So the set-up was 2 channel with the 2 subs playing mono. Each of the 340s sat on one sub in front flanking the screen on the stage. I found some cushy material lying around, so I used that to decouple the speakers from the subs.

Given the dimensions of the room I was initially concerned whether my speakers would be able to provide the needed sound for the purpose. More than a hundred church members came that night.

Well, it turned out I did not have to be concerned. The CMTs really surprised me. The sound they made was so huge and clear. SPL was never a problem as I initially feared. In fact, in some parts of the movie where it was recorded loud, the CMTs just played really loud and clear without strain. After the movie I received positive comments about how good the sound was. Horizontal dispersion was extremely huge, the whole place was filled with cinema-like sound.

This is one more testimony to the excellent design of Ascend speakers. Great job, Dave!

Daniel
Maui, Hawaii