Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rythmik Audio 18s

Default Rythmik Audio 18s

I understand that Rythmik is currently working on 18" prototype based on the vented model. Will there be any chance of a possible big brother to the sealed units like the E/F 15s.

I asked this question on another forum but did not get a reply.... Likely because the Rythmik owners thread went in another direction...a sealed 18 is exactly what I'm looking for at this point.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated...

Bill
    Last edited by billy p; 03-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.

Default Re: Rythmik Audio 18s

Reply from Rythmik Audio @ AVS

In terms of product plan, we will put ported version of 18" and dual 15" in higher priority. They won't be available until late summer. The sealed version is at a lower priority.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Damn, I love my F15HP but I would be really interested in a compact sealed high power/excursion 18" rythmik servo, aluminum cone, rubber surround would be mint. Not too much competition out there either.
    Last edited by eyecatcher; 03-15-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    Damn, I love my F15HP but I would be really interested in a compact sealed high power/excursion 18" rythmik servo, aluminum cone, rubber surround would be mint. Not too much competition out there either.
    Maybe the 18" driver will be available for DIY, like the other drivers at this point. A sealed subwoofer is probably the easiest to DIY, from what others have said. Or you might be able to Salk do a custom 18" sealed sub for you.

I'm happy to hear that the 18" vented sub or dual 15" sub is a priority. I have a basement theater, where the theater area is open to the entire basement. The space that I need to pressurize is 10,000 to 12,000 cubic feet. I'm thinking about putting up a wall to get the space down to a more manageable 6,000 cubic feet, where maybe I don't need such a large subwoofer. I guess I will have to do a cost estimate though and maybe one of these newer models will be the cheaper option for me. I can understand why Brian is putting more of a priority on the vented models. With most people's newer homes having open floor plans, there is a big demand for big output subwoofers. It is great that we can also be assured that there are options, with Rythmik to ensure the bigger output subs will remain accurate.

Well I decided to go with a Funk Audio 18.0. I've thought about DIY...I know JS builds with Rythmik...not sure what size or how big a cab you'd need for the new 18s... until one is modded but I want a small footprint <4^3ft moving from a sb13 + xs30se...his curved designs are simply stunning...

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Well I decided to go with a Funk Audio 18.0. I've thought about DIY...I know JS builds with Rythmik...not sure what size or how big a cab you'd need for the new 18s... until one is modded but I want a small footprint <4^3ft moving from a sb13 + xs30se...his curved designs are simply stunning...
    Looking forward to a picture!
    -curtis

Curtis...I just unpacked it...I have not given it a listen yet...but hope to in the coming days. His work is utterly stunning...but I must piece together the HT first...I only recently unpacked my speakers...HT conversion will be fun.. trying to integrate and position my Towers + huge CC into our 10*15*9 den which measures 1350^3ft.

I'm expecting some wonderful synergy from the Ascends and FA 18...once it happens..

FA 18a.jpg FA 18b.jpg
    FA 18e.jpg FA 18d.jpg
    FA 18c.jpg
    Last edited by billy p; 09-07-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Wow that's a beautiful sub! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    ....trying to integrate and position my Towers + huge CC into our 10*15*9 den which measures 1350^3ft.
    I'll trade you my Sierra-2's at no cost to help with the space. 😁
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I'll trade you my Sierra-2's at no cost to help with the space. ��
    Don't laugh but that thought has merit....ive considered trading down. The new room is mine and will not be a multi faceted...so everything should be fine.