Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S-1 NrT's or S-2 ?!

Thumbs up Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I'd expect a new crossover as well. Cabinet/porting should remain the same.

Bear in mind, that new woofer is strictly custom hand built at this point for the Diamond tweeter Sierra on a per-order basis as far as I know. Dave is trying to work with SEAS towards a larger volume production version that would significantly reduce cost, but he still thinks it would cost $300 just for the woofer.

All of the Sierra upgrades have been drop-in and easily done by the end user.
    Thanks Ed,

Been following the possible new woofer availability info. If the upgrade benefit would be a simple drop-in for the NrT cabinet, I'm Definitely Interested!!

Love what I have, but for the upgrade cost, believe the SrT's could become the monitors of my dreams!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Sorry for the late response...just returned from Vermont and Montreal...burrrrr, but gorgeous scenery!

Soooo, would the S2Di custom woofers be a "drop-in" S1 NrT fit (same xover, same cabinet, same porting), or would I need to send them in for an upgrade face-lift\resert?!?

Ted
    For any high performance speaker, when you change to a different driver, a new crossover would be required to optimize performance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs up Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    For any high performance speaker, when you change to a different driver, a new crossover would be required to optimize performance.
    Thanks Dave...will continue to follow the S2Di woofer development!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!