Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S-1 NrT's or S-2 ?!

Thumbs up Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I'd expect a new crossover as well. Cabinet/porting should remain the same.

Bear in mind, that new woofer is strictly custom hand built at this point for the Diamond tweeter Sierra on a per-order basis as far as I know. Dave is trying to work with SEAS towards a larger volume production version that would significantly reduce cost, but he still thinks it would cost $300 just for the woofer.

All of the Sierra upgrades have been drop-in and easily done by the end user.
    Thanks Ed,

Been following the possible new woofer availability info. If the upgrade benefit would be a simple drop-in for the NrT cabinet, I'm Definitely Interested!!

Love what I have, but for the upgrade cost, believe the SrT's could become the monitors of my dreams!!

Ted
    Sierra-1 NrT's, Axiom EP 500, Emotiva USP-1, Emotiva UPA-2, Phillips CD880 (dedicated 2.1 listening room)!

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Sorry for the late response...just returned from Vermont and Montreal...burrrrr, but gorgeous scenery!

Soooo, would the S2Di custom woofers be a "drop-in" S1 NrT fit (same xover, same cabinet, same porting), or would I need to send them in for an upgrade face-lift\resert?!?

Ted
    For any high performance speaker, when you change to a different driver, a new crossover would be required to optimize performance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs up Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    For any high performance speaker, when you change to a different driver, a new crossover would be required to optimize performance.
    Thanks Dave...will continue to follow the S2Di woofer development!

Ted
    Sierra-1 NrT's, Axiom EP 500, Emotiva USP-1, Emotiva UPA-2, Phillips CD880 (dedicated 2.1 listening room)!