Thread: Rythmik F12 and Sierra-1 Issue's

Default Rythmik F12 and Sierra-1 Issue's

After a year of non use, ive finally set up my Sierra 1's and Rythmik F12. However i am having a problem with the sub, kinda. I have a Audio DG DAC19 and NAD Amplifier.

This is how i have it set up.
    I use the line-level out from DAC and connect to the line-level in on the sub. Then use the line-level out from the subwoofer and connect to the NAD.

When I try to play music, the Sierra 1's play fine but the F12 doesnt produce ANY NOISE whatsoever. I'm honestly stumped on what's wrong. Please help!

Default Re: Rythmik F12 and Sierra-1 Issue's

You are feeding the sub a full output line level signal & are probably causing the protection circuitry to engage as that would result in massively over driving of the sub. The output of the DAC needs to feed a preamp first then the sub & amp. Is the NAD an integrated amp or just a power amp? If it's integrated, most NADs have preout main in jumpers so you could use Y cables to split the signal to feed the sub. If it's just a power amp, you need a preamp.

Thats wierd cause I've never had to do that before, the way i have it has worked in the past.

Its integrated http://nadelectronics.com/products/h...ated-Amplifier

How would the full setup look then? Meaning which outputs/inputs/preamp would be connected to what and how.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by pug4567; 02-18-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Your DAC needs to be connected to an input of your NAD, not to the sub. Connect the input of the sub to one of the "SUB" outputs on the back of your NAD.

You will not have any bass management for your Sierras, but you should have sound out of your sub.

Do i need a Y splitter for the red/white input of the sub or can i just do 1 cable from either red or white to say Sub 1 on the NAD?

I'm also curious as to why its not working the original way I had it setup, when it has worked in the past for extended periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by pug4567 View Post
    Do i need a Y splitter for the red/white input of the sub or can i just do 1 cable from either red or white to say Sub 1 on the NAD?

I'm also curious as to why its not working the original way I had it setup, when it has worked in the past for extended periods of time.
    I used to use a Y splitter from a preamp to my sub and integrated amp and it worked great, but since you want to use the subwoofer crossover, you just need a preamp after the DAC, then into the sub and then the amp. The sub just doesn't like a full line level signal as others have said. If it worked in the past that way maybe you were using volume management from something else? If you were, you'd have to change the volume on the sub any time you change volume on the amp, because the sub wouldn't be controlled by the amp's volume knob. Anyway, buy a Schiit SYS for 50 bucks and you'll be good.
    Last edited by sludgeogre; 02-18-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Looks like Your integrated amp have sub out. If so, connect it to the sub either left or right inputs. It should be a single mono out from the integrated amp.
    Dac connects to the integrated amp.

If it worked before it probably was because you have the gain very low on the sub. So the protection mode havent kick. Thats my guess.

I tried what your saying Ricardo, connecting sub out to a line in on the sub (with a single cord). Also connecting the DAC to the NAD input. It still isnt producing noise. I'm worried that something is wrong with the sub. It's on cause i can see the green light on the back of the sub. I'm scared
    Last edited by pug4567; 02-20-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Try to put the power switch to ON position if you are at auto position. If it doesnt work I'm afraid something might have blown.