To All,

I need some advice on configuring my new custom bamboo Salk/Rythmik F15HP to my DTR-/5.4
Integra AV receiver.

I’ll send pictures of it with the bamboo stained in satin dark cherry. Even at 160 pounds is it a beauty.

I have Ascend Acoustics Towers and Horizon(w/Raal). I have tried to find suggestions in the forums, however it must be in-bedded in the comment text as I have not found a thread on configuring a F15HP with ribbon towers..

I can set my towers to large with no crossover on the AVR and do the cross over on the sub or set my towers to small with 3 crossovers on the AVR. The three crossover options when the speakers are set to small are 60, 80, and 100.

I currently have the sub set at the defaults per the quick guide that came with the sub. (The PEQ is set to
off, crossover is at max., bass extension filter at 20hz/medium damping and the low pass slope setting is AVR/12. The rumble filter and limiter switches are off. The delay/phase is 0 and the volume is at 50%.)

I have the sub connected and working however it needs to be adjusted. I have tried the small
option with the crossover at 60 for music. The towers sound great however the sub cutoff at 60 looses the nice full sound stage at the bottom of the towers end even though I am picking it up with the sub, plus more great bottom range.

The option on the AVR for speaker set to large no crossover for music gives me the nice full sound stage
and I’m still picking up the nice new extended bottom from the sub, however it is not as noticeable with the towers providing their nice bass.

I have done a small test with the speakers set to small as above listening to a DVD in surround sound 5.1
and the new sub was quite impressive even with the volume turned down until I get it broken in.

Thanks in advance for all the help I am sure I’ll will receive.

Chops