Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered Custom Rythmik/Salk Sub

Default Re: Ordered Custom Rythmik/Salk Sub

Once again thanks to all

I ran an extension cord into my kitchen and plugged it into one of the GFI electric outlets(Ground Fault Interrupt). The humming noise in the sub disappeared.

I will have to get an electrician to come to my house and put one in where the regular outlet is that I am plugging the sub into is.

Chops

That is great news, Chops, glad you found a solution, and I'm also glad that your RCA cable is shielded well enough to make that long run possible for you.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I have contacted Rythmik Subs and using a GFI(Ground Fault Interrupt) is the same as using a three way to a two plug adapter.

The final solution was buying a 3 way to 2 way adapter and a power strip with a power surge protection.

Tonight I am gonna have a few Shed Ales(Brown) and listen to some Freddy Cole, Nate Cole's bother and some Diana Krall, a little Yo Yo Ma and if I have enough time the Christian McBride Big Band.

That last sentence shows I spent much to much time sleeping during English class.

I will try to post pictures of the sub in the next few weeks

Chops

Chops

Curtis I read your comments on using the LFE input instead of the Line input.
    Oh my god what a difference this has made. The sub sounds so.o.o.. much better.

My intregar AVR is quite old and has an option for small & large speakers which I have set to small with the crossover at 60. I have left the low pass slope setting to AVR/12.

I never noticed that were times when the sub and receiver were fighting each other at
    certain frequencies. Now all I hear is nice clean and clear sub

I also had to turn down the sub volume level.

I made the change last night, Saturday at around 8:30pm and started listening to my favorite classical, jazz and rock music. It was like the first time I heard my RAAL towers OGM...... I did not realize what time is was until the Sun came up Sunday morning.

Chops

Can you post up some pics? I’d love to see the sub!

The 15" version was reviewed several years ago:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...er-review.html

Though Chops may have a nicer finish, since Salk really can do very nice work.

My custom Rythmik/Salk is the HP15 seal version so it is not the version that was reviewed.
    It has 3/4 MDF and 3/4 Bamboo laminated together to reduce resonance as different types of wood have different resonance frequencies. Jim recommended this.

Jim will allow you do change the dimensions as long as the volume does not change.

I sent him Ascend's HD pictures of satin dark cherry towers and the sub matches quite closely.

It was a great learning experience working with him & I can say enough about how personal he was

It weighs something like 200 pounds & thank god the delivery man help me get it in my house.

Once I got it tune in & my wife heard nice clean, clear bass she quickly forgot about how big it is.

Chops