Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Ryhmik

Default Alternative to Ryhmik

I am here to ask what would be a great alternative to Rythmik? I owned the F12 with my Sierra 2 and I am looking for something different. I have nothing negative to say about the Rythmik. I just prefer a little more boom sound. I know it's not right to have it but I like the bloom/boom. This is for a 2.1 audio only system in a small 11-15 room.
    Speakers are RAAL towers.

Default Re: Alternative to Ryhmik

Have you adjusted the Rythmik...you can adjust the damping to give you more bloom/boom. Play with the extension/damping switches to see if that will give you what you want.

Also use the PEQ to give you a boost in the 60-100hz range.
    Last edited by curtis; 01-04-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Have you adjusted the Rythmik...you can adjust the damping to give you more bloom/boom. Play with the extension/damping switches to see if that will give you what you want.

Also use the PEQ to give you a boost in the 60-100hz range.
    I don't have the Rythmik anymore, as I sold it off a while ago. I have been using my Martin Logan Grotto. I wouldn't mind getting a sub that I can use either ported or closed. Maybe SVS etc..

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I don't have the Rythmik anymore, as I sold it off a while ago. I have been using my Martin Logan Grotto. I wouldn't mind getting a sub that I can use either ported or closed. Maybe SVS etc..
    Ahh...got it.

It will be interesting to see what you find to your liking because sub companies are mostly aiming for clean and accurate vs bloom/boom.
    -curtis

What about the ported Rythmiks? I don't know if they are boomy but they might be better for stupendous theater effects.

I would recommend giving the Rythmik LV12R a try...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey ematthews,

I currently have the Aperion Bravus IID 10". I think it may have what you are looking for.

Here is a link from Audioholics and their review:
    http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/bravus-10d

On the last page for measurements, you can see the bloom you're looking for.
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would recommend giving the Rythmik LV12R a try...
    Thanks Dave. I know I spoke with you many times when I owned my last Rythmik. Maybe I just like a non accurate sub.

Quote Originally Posted by dtsequoia View Post
    Hey ematthews,

I currently have the Aperion Bravus IID 10". I think it may have what you are looking for.

Here is a link from Audioholics and their review:
    http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/bravus-10d

On the last page for measurements, you can see the bloom you're looking for.
    Thanks. I will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I am here to ask what would be a great alternative to Rythmik? I owned the F12 with my Sierra 2 and I am looking for something different. I have nothing negative to say about the Rythmik. I just prefer a little more boom sound. I know it's not right to have it but I like the bloom/boom. This is for a 2.1 audio only system in a small 11-15 room.
    Speakers are RAAL towers.

I suggest reading the recent article over at Audioholics. It might help you articulate, for yourself and others, what you are really looking for.

http://www.audioholics.com/room-acou...ation-of-sound

Just don't start reading the forum posts that follow, as there are people that get into nonsense about bragging about hitting 120 dB + in their room, etc.

I am guessing that you might want more impact that you feel in some way that is described in the article. If that is the case then get a capable sub in your room and you can boost certain regions to give you the tactile sensation you are looking for, while still having an accurate sub with good transient response and low distortion, etc.

Is your room 11 by 15 sealed, or open to the whole house? Many newer homes have an open concept layout. For the room to be pressurized you need to take the entire space that the listening area is opened to. It could be your sub was way too small for the space.