Thread: My CD player died!

Not to mention a better DVD player!! Who knows what I'm losing there! My present one is a 3-4 year old Toshiba 2800.

Alright my Pioneer DV563 arrived today for replacing my DVD and playing with SACD. Holy $h!t. I can't believe the difference. I use the DACs in my Marantz 7200 receiver so this is just a transport, as was my previous CD player, until I play with SACD. Depth, decay of individual piano notes, soundstage/ separation of instruments is way better than my CD jukebox was or the old Toshiba 2800 DVD player. I got the Pioneer 563 for $50 off ebay.

$50??? WOW!!

I love mine....maybe you can bring your's to Austin.

Have you tried multi-channel/hi-rez yet?

-curtis

50$!!!! Like you said "Holy $h1t"! I think this player works fine, even for the regular price(I paid $140 at CC), but earned a bad rap via the internet because most people using it did not have receivers with proper bass management.

Quinn, are you running the SACD with speakers set to large or small? I have to run them as small in order to get any bass, but the crossover point is something like 120hz that way. Not optimal, and it shows. I do think SACD sounds better than cd as you have observed. I will need to either upgrade to a receiver with analog bass management or pick up an ICBM.

This hobby is a marriage stresser!

Ed

I haven't hooked up the SACD yet. I don't own any yet. LOL! Just as a CD player it is much better. Movies sound much better too. The one thing I found so far that I'd change is the zoom. It goes to full screen on the first zoom.