Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Is there pet dander beneath the protective mesh screen? Can you post a picture? Lightly blowing on the ribbon is fine, but compressed air is definitely not a good idea...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Is there pet dander beneath the protective mesh screen? Can you post a picture? Lightly blowing on the ribbon is fine, but compressed air is definitely not a good idea...
    Maybe he could use an air dust blower, like those used in photography to clean dust from the lens. The squeeze bulb kind.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Honestly, I can't see it. I'm just assuming based on what's collected on my other gear and figured the silver sheen covered it well. I guess I shouldn't worry about it until something is visible?
    Last edited by Stump909; 01-10-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump909 View Post
    Honestly, I can't see it. I'm just assuming based on what's collected on my other gear and figured the silver sheen covered it well. I guess I shouldn't worry about it until something is visible?
    You have to keep in mind that the tweeter is moving at very high frequencies, so it's probably shaking that pet dander right off. I wouldn't be worried.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Hi Dave - What is the height of the center of the tweeter on the Luna (and on the S2) from the bottom of the cabinet?
    For the Luna, it is 8.5" from the bottom of the cabinet to the middle of the ribbon tweeter.

For the S2, it is 11.5".
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you Dave for this information.

I am trying to evaluate speaker stands for use with the Luna speakers when used in a surround application when the tweeter will be within 3 feet to the side of the nearest listener. Any suggestions?

Also, any idea when we can expect to see the introduction of the Luna Center Speakers?

Thanks,

Chucka

Quote Originally Posted by Stump909 View Post
    The ribbon moves at extremely high velocity and because of this, it is basically self cleaning. There would be no build up of dust or similar and since you can't see anything, I wouldn't be concerned
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Dave,

Any more recent estimates on ship date for the first batch of Luna's?
    I apologize for the delay in responding. As is typical with this industry (unfortunately) - we have some production delays on 2 of the major components needed. At this point, we are pushing for a formal release / shipping date towards the end of next month (February). I truly wish there was a way to speed this up - but there really nothing we can do.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave,

Any estimate when we will see a first prototype of the Luna Center? My planned system is currently dependent upon the introduction of this Center Speaker.

I too am waiting on this very important center piece of furniture...
    Last edited by Cowboyup; 01-18-2017 at 03:00 AM.