Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Seriously, gentlemen that seam dividing the cabinet from the baffle is certainly sexy, I would say it's the equivalent of ladies underwear, you know the one that you see and all of a sudden disappere um I think they call it a thong?

Djoel

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    WOW...the satin espresso finish looks stunning!!! The only question I have left is how demanding will Luna be on amplification? I mean, 84dB sensitivity won't be an issue as I am planning on using them as nearfield desktop/computer speakers, but would like to know how low the new Luna will dip in term of the impedance...
    VERY easy and stable load to drive. Impedance does not dip below 7.2 ohms at any point, this speaker meets all IEC specifications as a nominal 8 ohm speaker.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Seriously, gentlemen that seam dividing the cabinet from the baffle is certainly sexy, I would say it's the equivalent of ladies underwear, you know the one that you see and all of a sudden disappere um I think they call it a thong?

Djoel
    LOL - that reveal is actually cut into the cabinet. A while back, our US cabinet maker invested in a much more advanced CNC which enabled us to use a significantly stronger method of joinery. We are using this type of joinery on all domestic bamboo cabinets now. I personally love the look and often wonder if we should incorporate it into the rear baffle as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, are you gonna start doing this new joinery on the Sierra 2 and Sierra Tower? If yes, I do prefer to hold on my order until I can get the cabinets with the new joinery. I really love the look
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    Dave, are you gonna start doing this new joinery on the Sierra 2 and Sierra Tower? If yes, I do prefer to hold on my order until I can get the cabinets with the new joinery. I really love the look
    All domestic bamboo cabinets (Sierra-1/Sierra-2/towers/horizons) have had this for at least 2 1/2 years now.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    All domestic bamboo cabinets (Sierra-1/Sierra-2/towers/horizons) have had this for at least 2 1/2 years now.
    WOW.. That's so cool. I didn't know that. I'm so happy knowing that all my speakers will have that nice and sexy joinery Thanks, Dave!!
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Dave

Is it possible to order the Lunas with one color for the front baffle and the rest in a different color - like "Natural" front with a "piano black" body??

You can blame Enrico for starting this trend if it is do-able

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Here are some pics of satin espresso Luna's
    Was questioning my decision to put Lunas as surround duty. However, these things look amazing. going to need to figure out how to afford 3 sets of them plus a RAAL Horizon haha.

Beautiful detail and functional, love that.

Dave are you getting rid of the speaker grill holes on the Sierra-1/2 cabinets as well? That looks great, very clean.