Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    What's the efficiency on these again? I've been searching through the forum for it but haven't been able to find it.
    I'll be posting measurements sometime this weekend as we just received the woofer shipment. We ended up sacrificing some efficiency in order to provide a bit deeper bass, which for a speaker this size - I must tell you is quite impressive. Sensitivity will come in at somewhere between 83-84dB, and the Luna can handle quite a bit of power.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    An 80Hz crossover would be ideal for the sat's, that is the design goal. Depending on the final cabinet design and port tuning (which is very complicated for this speaker - how do you fit a 10" long port in a 5" deep cabinet? lol) - it might be possible to even cross lower, 70 or even 60. Keep in mind that the deeper I tune the bass, the larger the cabinet will be and I am aiming for something at least as compact as the HTM-200 (hopefully a bit smaller).
    Geez Dave, get your act together!

Hahaha! 😄
    I'll be calling ya soon bud.
    Hope all is well!
    Gary
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Sorry for the delays... This is a tough one to nail down but we are just about there. It is looking like dimensions will be ~ 10.5" high x 5.75" wide x 6" deep (not including grille).

Attached is a quick render comparing the front baffle of the Sierra Sat vs Sierra-1 / Sierra-2

Attachment 1264

Cute little bugger -- should end up being -3dB at around 65Hz.
    Two quick Q:

Could an "End User" rotate the tweeter 90°? From the looks of this picture of the baffle, it looks like I would be able to rotate the RAAL tweeter.

Also, I thought I read somewhere in this massive thread, that after you took this picture, you re-designed the front to use magnetic grills?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    Geez Dave, get your act together!

Hahaha! 
    I'll be calling ya soon bud.
    Hope all is well!
    Gary
    A muzz siting! Gary...hope all is well!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post
    Two quick Q:

Could an "End User" rotate the tweeter 90°? From the looks of this picture of the baffle, it looks like I would be able to rotate the RAAL tweeter.

Also, I thought I read somewhere in this massive thread, that after you took this picture, you re-designed the front to use magnetic grills?
    Thanks!
    I am pretty sure you can rotate the tweeter on your own, and yes, the cabinet now uses a magnetic grille.
    -curtis

Two quick Q:

!
    The tweeter can easily be rotated with just a screw driver. There are two layers that act as "washers" between the tweeter and the bamboo enclosure that must also be rotated. The first firm layer (feels like thin MDF) comes out easily but the second layer which is a thin layer of cork is easy to tear if you aren't gentle. I'm sure you could get a replacement from Ascend if you end up tearing it.

Two quick Q:

Thanks!
    Very easy process to rotate the tweeter. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes

Yes - All Luna's cabinets will be using magnetic grilles. The front baffle is clean - no grille connectors.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave, any updates on shipping times or measurements? Very excited! Especially cause I prematurely sold (two of) my Sierra-2s so I'm going surroundless for now.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Hi Dave, any updates on shipping times or measurements? Very excited! Especially cause I prematurely sold (two of) my Sierra-2s so I'm going surroundless for now.
    Apologies for the delay. Had a disaster in my home (slab leak) and, unfortunately, significant damage. The past 2 weeks have been crazy but the good news is that the leaking pipe has been re-routed and the demolition of most of my kitchen, hallway and our guestroom is basically complete with everything now drying. Hopefully reconstruction will start very soon.

Now for some good news. Luna woofers and crossovers are already here. Tweeters will be here early next week. Labels and serial numbers are ordered and should also be here soon. Packaging is finished and should also be here very soon.

We are just waiting on our local cabinet maker to finish the production run of cabinets, which should be - at most, 2 weeks away.

I was hoping to time the official release of the Luna with our new website, but the situation at my home set things back as I had to prioritize my time and the new website (which is nearly complete) had to take a back seat.

So - once I receive a confirmed ship date from our cabinet maker, we will send everyone on our pre-notification list a link to place their order. We are nearly 90% sold out on this first production run and my plan is that we will give our customers on our pre-notification list 1 full week to formally place their orders (once we send out the purchase link). When that week is up, we will publicly post the purchase link for members in this thread. I suspect we will be completely sold out before we release the speaker to the general public, which means we are already getting ready to place a follow-up order for more components.

I now have enough parts on hand to build a reference Luna, which I will be using for published measurements and for setting up our production line test parameters...

We are now very very close
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Bummer about your house Dave. I was wondering how you guys were holding up with the record precipitation out there this winter.

Awesome the hear about the Luna's and the website!
    -Ben