Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by msound View Post
    I currently have Sierra 2s as my front three. Would replacing my center with the Luna center be better? Damn I really like it!
    Possibly - but hard to say at this point. I have a few interesting ideas for this speaker and once we have the prototype cabinets on hand I will be able to provide more feedback as to how this speaker compares to the Sierra-2. Without any question, the Sierra-2 will have deeper bass so if you are not using a subwoofer, the S2 as the center is the better choice...

Overall goal with this speaker, much like the Luna is true high end performance in a very small compact cabinet. In addition, this speaker will be incredible as an on-wall speaker!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I Have a VR will the Lunas work with a 12 volt car type stereo amp?

These look like great speakers! Are MTMs (referring to the luna center) a compromise compared to your Horizons, for example, because of off-axis acoustical interference? When you do a three way you can cross those over a lot lower and avoid some of that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I Have a VR will the Lunas work with a 12 volt car type stereo amp?
    Provided you are able to provide the car amplifier with the correct voltage and have a source to feed it a signal -- yes, there won't be a problem. There is really nothing technically different between a passive speaker made for an automobile and a passive speaker for the home (other than having an actual speaker cabinet)

What is the power output of the amp?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    While a bit late, I am happy to share that prototype cabinets for the LCR have been modeled and are in production.

Many have asked me to publish dimensions.

We are still far from an actual production date, but moving forward at a quick pace now that bamboo is finally one again available....

As with the Luna, the goal of the Luna LCR is exceptionally high performance in a very compact cabinet. It is a complex cabinet, both externally and internally so I can not provide estimated pricing until our cabinet maker figures out how to build this efficiently.
    Any more news that you can share on these, Dave? I'm trying to be patient but I'm jonesing for some new info!

Quote Originally Posted by hornfan785 View Post
    Any more news that you can share on these, Dave? I'm trying to be patient but I'm jonesing for some new info!
    Patience patience patience. I'm itching for more info with this and with the Nvidia Turing card that will power my Home theater PC. Stealth center for now.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfan785 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Patience patience patience. I'm itching for more info with this and with the Nvidia Turing card that will power my Home theater PC. Stealth center for now.
    Prototype cabinets should finally be in my hands within 2 weeks. We have a LOT of catching up to do with tower backorders but once we are caught up, crossover design begins and I can then start sharing more info.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
    These look like great speakers! Are MTMs (referring to the luna center) a compromise compared to your Horizons, for example, because of off-axis acoustical interference? When you do a three way you can cross those over a lot lower and avoid some of that right?
    It all depends on the horizontal off-axis angle one will be sitting. We will be implementing some crossover optimizations to help reduce wave interference.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

A pair of LVX12’s, Luna mini’s wall mounted, Luna Center wall mounted, Q9FN 65 wall mounted

Natural Luna’s mounted above a BDI Charcoal Stained Ash triple hosting a Marantz 7012

Small, gorgeous, won’t consume much space or energy and easy to operate

Ladies please forgive my LUNAcy ….. but this is my kind of girl!!

Not sure how much the audio imaging might suffer from the tight spacing or how large a room could be satisfied but a 65" TV, 3 Luna's and a BDI Triple could be fitted in about a 6' by 6' wall space and a pair of subs could be placed elsewhere in the room.

If the Luna's were mounted on a wall 6' apart, the Luna center was placed between them and the listener sat 12 - 15 feet from the wall how wide would the sound image be at the listeners position?

Small Places.jpg