Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Correct - and it will have a more "traditional" look as a center. Pricing will be somewhat higher than a Sierra-2 center as there will be dual woofers, a more complex cabinet and the cabinets are made here in the US.

Yes, you can certainly purchase a single Luna - we sell them as pairs or singles. The advantage of the dual woofer version would be higher efficiency, higher power handling and greater dynamic, deeper bass...
    Sweet. Looking forward to seeing the Luna Center. I will ned it due to my mantle!

Other question and by no means intend to derail the thread here...

Dave is there any chance you'll work on brining a Curv woofer mid to the towers? I have the towers and they are amazing...I am just curious so I would have the same woofer type across the front.

Thanks!

Ben
    -Ben

Definitely interested in the Luna Center. I'm currently running a 4.1 setup with Sierra-2's for the mains and every few weeks I seriously consider buying a center. I've been waffling between the Horizon and a Sierra-2 Center, and the Luna Center sounds like a great compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    A Luna configured for horizontal placement (with the tweeter rotated appropriately) will have a symmetrical horizontal response (to the left and to the right) up to ~ 20 degrees... I strongly doubt anyone would be sitting outside of this window.
    I imagine that a good small center will be popular, and it seems Luna Center (MTM) is going to be the best solution with S2 mains.

I'm still weighing the relative merits of a more expensive Luna Center versus a rotated Luna when the mains are 'only' Luna (with a good sub). I understand from this thread that the horizontal response of the Luna Center will be more symmetrical than that of a rotated Luna, but also more limited. To clarify the relative merits on this point, if +20 degrees is the preferred horizontal window for a rotated Luna, what is the preferred window for the Luna Center? I realize you haven't even made it yet, so I'll understand if the answer has to wait.

Thanks.

While a bit late, I am happy to share that prototype cabinets for the LCR have been modeled and are in production.

Many have asked me to publish dimensions.

We are still far from an actual production date, but moving forward at a quick pace now that bamboo is finally one again available....

As with the Luna, the goal of the Luna LCR is exceptionally high performance in a very compact cabinet. It is a complex cabinet, both externally and internally so I can not provide estimated pricing until our cabinet maker figures out how to build this efficiently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Nice! Almost exactly one and a half Lunas!

Very excited! Looking forward to when these are put into production. I have a feeling I'll be picking up one of these for my center channel.

I've been anticipating these MTM lunas for so long!!!! Compact shape. Likely 3dB better sensitivity than a standard Luna. And ability to position them close to a wall with no port issues.

When does Luna get it's own pages on the web site? Are you selling too many to take more orders???

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    When does Luna get it's own pages on the web site? Are you selling too many to take more orders???

As of today, we have about 16 pairs of Luna cabinets available (various finishes) This isn't much but yes, we are taking orders for them.

As mentioned previously, we had a serious bamboo shortage from our bamboo supplier, which was recently resolved. Once our cabinet maker gets close to finishing our next production run of Luna cabinets, they will be listed on our site.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I currently have Sierra 2s as my front three. Would replacing my center with the Luna center be better? Damn I really like it!