Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8283848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Happy to hear that you are enjoying your Lunas!!

Yes -- we are absolutely working on a Luna L/C/R. There has been a shortage of bamboo from our supplier lately and if there is any extra bamboo available after our local cabinet maker finishes our current PO, they will make the sample cabinets for us. Please understand that until we have the actual sample cabinets in hand, we can not proceed forward.

Thanks!
    You know, once you have the cabinets, I’ll be more then welcome to beta test the Luna center for you...

In all seriousness, really looking forward to the Luna mtm. Sign me up to the preorder list once you have it finalized.
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 03-22-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    You know, once you have the cabinets, I’ll be more then welcome to beta test the Luna center for you...

In all seriousness, really looking forward to the Luna mtm. Sign me up to the preorder list once you have it finalized.
    Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while now: Is the Luna Center going to be a MTM design?. If so, and the ports will be on the front, sign me up for a pre-order as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Chipless View Post
    Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while now: Is the Luna Center going to be a MTM design?. If so, and the ports will be on the front, sign me up for a pre-order as well!
    Correct, front ported dual woofer design.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

There's no Sierra 2 mtm center right? Just the regular Sierra 2 with a rotated tweeter? So it's the Luna center or the horizon center? Just confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC39 View Post
    There's no Sierra 2 mtm center right? Just the regular Sierra 2 with a rotated tweeter? So it's the Luna center or the horizon center? Just confirming.
    That is correct (well, once the Luna comes out, it will be).
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 03-28-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC39 View Post
    I would love an MTM sierra-2 center channel, but it turns out the larger woofer sized woofers would cause lobing interference and it wouldn't sound that good.

Ok thanks guys. I just knew the horizon was too big for what I'd need and wasn't sure if there was something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    I would love an MTM sierra-2 center channel, but it turns out the larger woofer sized woofers would cause lobing interference and it wouldn't sound that good.
    The Ascend CMT 340 is available in a center channel MTM design and I haven't heard others mention issues of lobing. If the crossover is altered to take this into account, then an MTM doesn't have to have lobing, or it can an least be greatly reduced. From what I understand the MTM design from most manufacturers are just not designed well and this is why the issue crops up.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    The Ascend CMT 340 is available in a center channel MTM design and I haven't heard others mention issues of lobing. If the crossover is altered to take this into account, then an MTM doesn't have to have lobing, or it can an least be greatly reduced. From what I understand the MTM design from most manufacturers are just not designed well and this is why the issue crops up.
    The issue with a dual woofer MTM Sierra-2 is really about what actual performance benefits it would have over a single woofer version and if it would be worth the extra $$$. As it stands now - the custom RAAL ribbon and the custom 6" SEAS Curv woofer have both been specifically designed to work together to maximize performance. Adding a second woofer in an MTM design really doesn't improve performance - it would actually limit horizontal dispersion (if used horizontally) The only advantage would be an improvement to efficiency and dynamics (in the bandwidth of the woofer) for which the S2 tweeter would not be able to match.

To truly take advantage of having the additional woofer, we would need to use our 70-20xram ribbon, which would bring the costs to basically the same as our Horizon, with the Horizon still offering better performance.

Dual woofer MTM Luna (as a center) will provide very similar performance to the Sierra-2 in a very compact form factor (only 5.75" high) and would make for an ideal center with Sierra-2 as left / right.

We certainly could manufacture an MTM Sierra-2, but I honestly do not see the point as it would be a considerably larger and more expensive speaker than the Sierra-2 and it would not provide better performance. We would need to upgrade the tweeter as well...

Hope this makes sense
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yep, that makes perfect sense actually. Thanks for the explanation.