Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

I wondered why The Lunas are still not available on the website. Ascend must be selling everything it makes.... maybe that's why a website upgrade is still on the backburner.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    I wondered why The Lunas are still not available on the website. Ascend must be selling everything it makes.... maybe that's why a website upgrade is still on the backburner.
    The reason why you don't see them on the website yet, is because Ascend is in the process of getting the new website launched. It should be any day now if they are on track.

Here is a link to the specs and measurements for the Luna:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements

Here is a link to ordering if you prefer to do so online:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch..._Code=LSPK-2CH

That link is also provided on the very first page of this thread. You could probably also call Ascend if you had questions about them or wanted to order them.

Hi Dave

I've been following this thread from the beginning. I love the Lunas I have. I know there was talk of a Luna center and was wondering if you are still working on this or where it is in the long list of Ascend priorities? I am very interested if they are still in the works.

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Just ordered satin cherry Luna's to give me my first 5.1 system. They will go with RAAL Towers and Horizon center. Figured I needed surrounds before breaking the bank on dual FV18 subs (Thank you Enrico for your help and input!), as I have a couple of small subs already.

I need some help. How high to mount the satellites? Dolby Vision says tweeter at ear height, everyone else says 2' above head height. I saw somewhere on this forum Dave saying something about inverting Luna's, but I couldn't find that post again. So, two questions really.

1. How high to mount the Luna's as 5.1 surrounds.?

2. Does anyone know of a good stand to do that without drilling into the back of the speakers? If elevated is best, maybe invert and/or tilt the speakers down toward ear level?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Mea culpa!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Dave, Dina, and their crew for what they do. Every time I sit down to listen to music, I remember the first time I heard a quality sound system (mid-70's) and vowed to have one some day. I now have that system and couldn't be happier. This may mean I'm not an audiophile, because I'm happy with what I've got and not looking for anything better, but so be it. Thank you for your part in reducing my bucket list.

Thanks in advance for your expertise and help! Got my Blue Jeans cables ordered already.

randy lee

One of the problems with stands is pre-fab stands usually provide pretty limited height options. Whatever height and finish you want, you can order it custom-built for not crazy money here:

http://www.gwizpro.com/stands/

Here are a couple pics of mine, built at 38" height because that's what I needed:

https://imgur.com/dVcbORE

https://imgur.com/P8Xa8Z0
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Hey SunByrne,

Those are gorgeous stands. Beautiful, real wood, and made by a veteran. Win-win-win! OK, now as to surround height and if I need them angled. I kinda like the idea of not too high (ear height), as I do have grandkids running around occasionally.

Thanks for the help.

randy

Found the surround height stuff on the specifications page. Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Main reason is that I prefer to spend what little time I have these days on our new site, rather than update the current site... We have done quite a bit more business than anticipated in the past few months so because we have been focusing our attention on getting orders out -- we have fallen behind on everything else...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi David,

Just curious if the Luna-Center is still on track or has is also fallen behind?

Chucka

Quote Originally Posted by Elco1965 View Post
    Hi Dave

I've been following this thread from the beginning. I love the Lunas I have. I know there was talk of a Luna center and was wondering if you are still working on this or where it is in the long list of Ascend priorities? I am very interested if they are still in the works.

Thanks
    Happy to hear that you are enjoying your Lunas!!

Yes -- we are absolutely working on a Luna L/C/R. There has been a shortage of bamboo from our supplier lately and if there is any extra bamboo available after our local cabinet maker finishes our current PO, they will make the sample cabinets for us. Please understand that until we have the actual sample cabinets in hand, we can not proceed forward.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com