Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by tme110 View Post
    Whats the most minimalist option for stands? Like a thin bar that comes up and just attached to the back or something. I know we want sturdy, heavy stands, but I want them to not be seen.
    This one should work because it's rated 10 lb. It's available in most Best Buys so you can try it, if it doesn't work just bring it back. If it works, please post your impressions over here so others interested in a similar solution will know what to buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-ad...?skuId=4966754
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

How do those attach to a speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    How do those attach to a speaker?
    Check the User manual but basically you can use a combination of 5" x 5" top plate and L- shape bracket and screw it to the thread insert on the back of the Luna. The Luna comes with the screw already attached.

http://www.sanus.com/assets/products...nual_Rev_4.pdf

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    So, my Luns's arrived this week. Here is a pic of them behind my monitor. I promise you, they are there. First impressions: I believe I like them. . .
    Enjoy!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Thanks Enrico but I was actually asking @tknice about the stands on his desktop set-up. With that being said, I did add your stands to my wishlist on Amazon as they are way nicer then I have now.

Any suggestions for a desktop set-up?
    I made them from plywood since I couldn't find adjustable stands that would work for the exact height I needed.

For the rest of the setup, I decided to go with the Emotiva A-100 for amplification and the Schiit Modi 2 Uber for the DAC. I mostly use Spotify premium as a source.

Let us know what you think!
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

I haven't viewed this thread in a while. I'm wondering if Dave mentioned anything else about the Sierra Luna center, which was discussed as a possibility somewhere in this long thread? It would basically be a taller Luna with an extra woofer. I have Sierra 2s as fronts and the Luna center sounds like a perfect match, since the output capabilities would be similar, it would be shorter and front ported to make placement on a TV stand much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    I haven't viewed this thread in a while. I'm wondering if Dave mentioned anything else about the Sierra Luna center, which was discussed as a possibility somewhere in this long thread? It would basically be a taller Luna with an extra woofer. I have Sierra 2s as fronts and the Luna center sounds like a perfect match, since the output capabilities would be similar, it would be shorter and front ported to make placement on a TV stand much easier.
    Yeah, he did, a page or two back.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by tknice View Post
    Yeah, he did, a page or two back.
    Thanks! That saved me a lot of time. I was going to start looking at around page 40 or 50, since that think that is when the conversation first came up. Before you know it you are looking through all 80 pages to find that one comment.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    A few complications in cabinet design, but yes -- this is absolutely in the design phase
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Great. Thanks Dave! Can't wait to hear about how things progress.