Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6970717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by chomdh View Post
    I mostly bought the Luna's for 5 channel movie sound but was listening to some 80's and 90's playlists on Tidal last night and I was so impressed with what I was hearing with 5 channels of music. I had my Denon x4200W set to "neural X" so I'm not sure how that's different from 5 channel stereo. But it did seem to take only certain bits of audio to the rear channels, like backup vocals and other effects only.

Anyway, a track where the clarity of RAALS all around was apparent to me was Santa Monica by Everclear, a song that was popular when I was watching MTV and music videos as much as possible. Starts off very simple with guitar & vocals but builds throughout, and again the guitars sound perfect through my 5 channels of Ascend speakers. I also wound up going through some Michael Jackson, which always sounds incredible on this system, and some Cars, songs my Dad would play growing up.

Before last night, it had been a couple of weeks since I sat down for a long music session but I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it due to these Ascend speakers. Those RAAL tweeters are the secret sauce. Not sure if I just did a better job with Audessy calibration this time (after adding the surrounds) but my system sounds better than ever now.
    Probably just a fluke. Those RAALS are all snake oil!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by chomdh View Post
    Those RAAL tweeters are the secret sauce.
    The woofers in the Sierra-2 and Lunas are, IMO, equally as awesome. They have to be, or the integration with the tweeter wouldn't sound as good as it does.
    -curtis

Some good news... According to RAAL, our next batch of ribbon tweeters should be here next week. Due to some parts shortages, we experienced a long delay in receiving these which caused us to halt sales of Lunas. That said, we are now free to release what we have left. Since the ribbons are expected to be here late next week, it will likely be about 2 weeks before we can ship.

Once these remaining pairs are sold out - the next batch of Luna cabinets should be ready mid-July.

These are first come first serve etc, so we suggest getting orders in quickly.

As of today, the following finishes are still available.

Satin Espresso
    Satin Cherry
    Natural
    Black Matte (very limited!!)
    Black Bamboo (sold out)

Click to order: Sierra Luna Pair
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Where is it that we can see good representations of all the finish choices?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Some good news... According to RAAL, our next batch of ribbon tweeters should be here next week. Due to some parts shortages, we experienced a long delay in receiving these which caused us to halt sales of Lunas. That said, we are now free to release what we have left. Since the ribbons are expected to be here late next week, it will likely be about 2 weeks before we can ship.

Once these remaining pairs are sold out - the next batch of Luna cabinets should be ready mid-July.

These are first come first serve etc, so we suggest getting orders in quickly.

As of today, the following finishes are still available.

Satin Espresso
    Satin Cherry
    Natural
    Black Matte (very limited!!)
    Black Bamboo (sold out)

Click to order: Sierra Luna Pair

Check out the Sierra 2's and look at the gallery. Might not have all colors but. what is there are matches to other models.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Drew888 View Post
    Where is it that we can see good representations of all the finish choices?

Thanks,
    Luna cabinets are made by our domestic cabinet maker. Same finishes as offered on our towers and horizons and domestic made Sierra-1 / Sierra-2 cabinets. Until the new website is up, best page to see the various finishes is here: http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...RT/srtgal.html

or, simply give us a call and we can text you realtime pics
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just discovered this thread today and I am excited. My wife and I intend to start minimizing and downsizing. A tough part for me is downsizing my various systems; a large HT, a very nice 2CH system, and a bedroom system. In our getaway home to which we intend to move into, we have a little HT with a SVS Prime Satellite set up. While I'm very happy with the system, if I only have the one, I'd like it to be a step up in sound quality. The only problem is size. Even bookshelf speakers are too big. The Luna's are the perfect solution!

I don't recall who in the thread came up with the name but you should give them a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
    I just discovered this thread today and I am excited. My wife and I intend to start minimizing and downsizing. A tough part for me is downsizing my various systems; a large HT, a very nice 2CH system, and a bedroom system. In our getaway home to which we intend to move into, we have a little HT with a SVS Prime Satellite set up. While I'm very happy with the system, if I only have the one, I'd like it to be a step up in sound quality. The only problem is size. Even bookshelf speakers are too big. The Luna's are the perfect solution!

I don't recall who in the thread came up with the name but you should give them a pair.

Lunas have been specifically designed for exactly what you are looking for. Please let us know how we can be of assistance...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi, first time posting here but long time Ascend owner . I received my pair of natural Sierra Lunas a few weeks ago and figured I'd share how happy I am with them. I've had a pair of Sierra-1s since 2011 that have been my absolute favorite speakers and I've since moved them to my home theater setup with a Sierra center for a 3.1 setup with a pair of Martin Logan Dynamo subs and Marantz SR5011 receiver. They replaced a CMT-340SE/HTM-200SE 5.0 setup that now resides in a friend's new basement home theater .

I needed a new pair of speakers to use on my desktop and these are absolutely perfect! My original intention was to upgrade the Sierra-1s to 2s and use these as surrounds, but I don't think they are going to leave the desktop. I was driving them with an NAD D3020 (awesome little amp) but finally received a Peachtree Nova150 I ordered about 2 months ago which took them to a different level. They definitely seem to like the extra power and the slight lack of energy I was hearing with the D3020 has filled in nicely. The soundstage and imaging is just unreal, unlike anything I've heard before especially at a desktop.

I've never heard speakers with ribbon tweeters in a home setup before and I'm blown away by the clarity of these. My ears were very well-accustomed to the Sierra-1s and while I have no complaints what-so-ever about their sound, for this setup the Lunas are just beyond perfect. The corner placement is not ideal, and with the Sierra-1s bass could easily become overwhelming even with the B Q-plugs inserted but these Lunas are just perfect for this placement. I grabbed the tempered glass shelf today from Home Depot and it couldn't fit better; I do find the speakers pretty touchy as far as vertical dispersion goes so having them directed right at my ears means I need to either angle them way up or raise them to ear level (the glass looks pretty cool too I think).

Thanks so much to Dave and Dina and the Ascend crew for another absolutely magnificent design!

Jeff

Here are some pics, had a hard time uploading them
    http://imgur.com/a/XyUN5
    Last edited by JeffLesniak; 05-06-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Lunas have been specifically designed for exactly what you are looking for. Please let us know how we can be of assistance...
    I definitely will. We have a bit of time so I want to wait and see what develops for a MTM center first.