Page 70 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Just got mine last week and they sound great! I'm looking for some stands for them for their final positioning and I wanted to see if anyone had set them up on a Pangea LS300 stand. Looking at the measurements for the stand the 6x6 inch base should be just about perfect for the Luna.

One additional wrinkle is that I'd like to securely fasten the speaker to the stand to make sure my little son can't pull or push it off (it'll be right next to the sofa). I was intending to add an L bracket to the back of the stand and then use the threaded insert on the back of the Luna. Any pitfalls to watch out for with that plan?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Got my Lunas and had planned on putting them in the theater as side surrounds but I just can't do it--at least not yet. Instead, I decided to drive them for a bit like they deserve and made some stands today to put them in my office setup.

I can't post any impressions yet because I had to order an amp and it won't arrive until next week but ended up getting this little guy. The Emotiva A-100 is small enough for my desktop and I've had great experience with Emotiva amps in the past. Will this amp do the job for the Lunas?

Here's where they will live for a while (maybe forever haha):

Photo Apr 09, 4 47 31 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 09, 4 45 56 PM.jpg

Let's see some more Luna pictures people!!

Tom
    Last edited by tknice; 04-09-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

^^^ Awesome Office setup!

crap i forget this was a luna thread

Quote Originally Posted by taigovinda View Post
    Aarons,

Which setting(s) would I change? I am using XMC-1 and 'low pass filter' is set at 24db/octave. I'm pretty happy with 70hz crossover on the front 3 (sounded better than 80) and 80hz on the surrounds (sounded much better than 100) - was only trying 100hz on the surrounds as an experiment which at least the way I did it, on all channel music, failed. I feel like I can also localize the subs somewhat on 80hz crossover with the fronts, but not with 70hz.

Tai
    Have you tried dropping it to 50hz with a 24db/octave? Thats still keeps you high enough above the natural roll off on the towers to not have any problems. I also have the xmc-1, you can change the x-over settings without messing with the Dirac so it's easy to try.
    Last edited by rneill; 04-11-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    MacMini -> Emotiva XMC-1 -> Emotiva SA-250 -> RAAL Towers / SVS SB13-U

Just loving my Luna's. Blended with Sierra 2s across the front with Luna surrounds, Rythmik F8and NAD T758 is much better than expected. I don't get into the detail that many of you do, but seeing other posts has helped in my set up for my 12 x 20 living room. Would love to read what others are thinking about their Luna speakers.
    Gary

My luna's finally came in last night. Plugged them in my office setup and listened them in 2.0 to appreciate the mid's and high's. Depending on the track, these little speakers provide some decent tight bass, nothing room rattling but clean tight bass is still satisfying. Still working on finding the right spot as localization was apparent compared to my Sierra 1 nrt and Sierra 2. Soundstage didn't seem quite as large but again this could be due to the room and placement. Will A/B test against my Sierra 2's tonight to see if it's the room or the speakers. Dave's done a tremendous job of packing in this much audio quality into 2 10.5 lb speakers, I couldn't imagine better sounding desktop monitors once I dial them in.

Just spent a couple of hours ABing them against the Sierra-2. When level matched it's hard noticing any difference if at all between the two speakers. Amazing! Imaging, soundstage, clarity, were all so similar. Only difference was I didn't volume match the sub so lows were a little too loud but I can't believe how similar the two speakers sound. These little speakers deserve to be showcased on their own!

I didn't like any of the wall mounts I came across so I designed my own and had them laser cut + formed. It's been a few days worth of work priming, painting, and cutting the felt (to protect the finish of the cabinet) but they are just about ready to install. I used a satin black paint to match my Luna's.

I will put my Luna's to work in surround duty so these will allow me to mount them to the walls and point them at the center of the couch. I will use the keyhole and 1/4-20 threaded inserts for mounting to the Luna. I will use 1/4 lag bolts into studs and the center slot in the wall piece is for the speaker wires to pass through.

I may have gone overboard on the steel thickness. These would be strong enough for a set of Sierra-2's!

Last edited by chomdh; 04-18-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chomdh View Post
    I didn't like any of the wall mounts I came across so I designed my own and had them laser cut + formed.
    That has to be the most dedication I've ever seen in setting up your audio system the way you want it. Amazing! Well done sir!
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I'm seriously considering moving my S2's into the Living Room and putting them to work for HT as well as music.
    At this point am thinking Luna's for surrounds, and moving the F12SE to the LR as well.
    Two questions, particularly for those who have their Luna's: 1) Any reason to consider towers with S2's as surrounds (instead of the Lunas)? My wife frowns on anything over about 88 dB ; 2) Assuming I go the S2 / Luna route what would be best for a center channel?