Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by srm51475 View Post
    Ok, I just read this whole thread and would like some guidance from you guys who know a lot more than me. My room is 19 x 35 x 9. Currently running Sierra Towers and Horizon with RAAL with dual Rythmik FV15HPs and some old Sound Dynamics side surrounds high on the wall and aimed at the LP. Want to add some rear surrounds and replace the high side surrounds. The rears would be about 10 ft behind the main LP (approx 25 ft from LCR) and side would go where currently mounted to the side and up high but aimed down. Rear mounting is not an issue, can either go on walls or hang from ceiling aimed at LP. Was thinking about the 200s to save some money then started considering two pairs of Lunas. As I read this thread I started thinking that maybe the rear surround might be too far away to use the Lunas and considering maybe Sierra 2s for the rear and Lunas for the side/height.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    What's your surround usage? Just movies or 5.1 music? I think having Lunas for side surrounds would make sense if for multichannel music or you just want to have the best. I've never had rear surrounds but I think HTM-200s or 170s would also work in that location

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

I also have Sierra Towers and a Horizon (all RAAL equipped), up front. I changed from Sierra 1s to twos for side surrounds, and IMHO it made a considerable difference matching the sound and adding to the coherence of the total package. I think that either of the two speakers in either position will work very well since they are so well timbre matched.

once I ran the ARC on my Anthem processor, so that frequency response in the room was helped, and levels and distances set, the system was/is magic.

Jay

Luna cabinets are finally here and they look great! Seems like this project took a lifetime and while I am listening to some Acoustic Alechemy through my pair right now - I just want to say thanks to everyone for your patience, support, and for being a tremendous part in making this wonderful little speaker become reality.

Emails to everyone on our pre-notification list will start being sent out later today and I will be posting measurements and specifications towards the end of the day.

Thank you!

Link to specifications and measurements: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davef; 03-24-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Congrats Dave!

How soon can we pick up the Luna's if we were late to the pre-notification list?

Plan to use these for surrounds. Can you recommend a good stand to use as I won't be able to wall-mount all of them?
    Last edited by LexLynx; 03-25-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LexLynx View Post
    Plan to use these for surrounds. Can you recommend a good stand to use as I won't be able to wall-mount all of them?
    I highly recommend Sound Anchors. Purchased their stands designated for Harbeth P3ESR... You can request a 5" square top plate for the Luna's, and custom height w/spikes.

www.soundanchors.com
    Last edited by timmbw; 03-25-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Sound Anchors are heavy, require use of spikes, ring like a bell and are expensive.

Call Noel at www.skylanstands.com

I've been using his stands for fifteen years, will never go back to a metal stand again.

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Sound Anchors are heavy, require use of spikes, ring like a bell and are expensive.

Call Noel at www.skylanstands.com

I've been using his stands for fifteen years, will never go back to a metal stand again.
    My Sound Anchors are 4 years old, and do not ring like a bell, never have!

Solid built stands are heavy, and yes, do cost more, in comparison to stands that require assembly...
    Last edited by timmbw; 03-26-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmbw View Post
    My Sound Anchors are 4 years old, and do not ring like a bell, never have!

Solid built stands are heavy, and yes, do cost more, in comparison to stands that require assembly...
    Care to elaborate why you need expensive stands and why stands that need assembly are inferior??