Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7576777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

When using YPAO or manually, what's the recommended crossover setting for front 3 Sierra-2 and side 2 Sierra Luna?

Alternatively, should I set the front 3 speakers to large and the rear 2 to small, and set crossover that way?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    When using YPAO or manually, what's the recommended crossover setting for front 3 Sierra-2 and side 2 Sierra Luna?

Alternatively, should I set the front 3 speakers to large and the rear 2 to small, and set crossover that way?
    Didn't you ask this before? I thought you settled on 90hz.

They should all be set to small. Start at 80hz and adjust up/down from there to what sounds best to you in your room.

I have my Sierra Towers, Horizon and Sierra 2s set at 80Hz and Sierra Lunas at 90Hz. All speakers set to Small because it's the only way to change crossover.
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Didn't you ask this before? I thought you settled on 90hz.

They should all be set to small. Start at 80hz and adjust up/down from there to what sounds best to you in your room.
    That was for my 2.1 setup. I actually went down to 60 Hz for awhile, did a sub crawl, moved the sub location and now set it at 80 Hz.

I'm asking for a potential 5.1.2 setup with front 3 Sierra-2 and rear 2 Luna. My Receiver can only set one crossover frequency, and seeing as how the the Sierra-2's go lower than the Lunas, I wonder if it would be wise to run the front 3 as large and only control the rear Luna's via crossover.

That was for my 2.1 setup. I actually went down to 60 Hz for awhile, did a sub crawl, moved the sub location and now set it at 80 Hz.

I'm asking for a potential 5.1.2 setup with front 3 Sierra-2 and rear 2 Luna. My Receiver can only set one crossover frequency, and seeing as how the the Sierra-2's go lower than the Lunas, I wonder if it would be wise to run the front 3 as large and only control the rear Luna's via crossover.
    That's not a good idea if you have a subwoofer in the system because most LFE content is carried by the three front speakers so setting them as full range would send almost zero content to the subwoofer. If only one crossover is possible for all speakers, I would set all of them at 80Hz to avoid localization issues.
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |

I would recommend setting all the speakers to 80Hz.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would recommend setting all the speakers to 80Hz.
    What if I have two crossovers to set? What would be the two frequencies?

What if I have two crossovers to set? What would be the two frequencies?
    You wrote that you could only set one?

Start at 80hz for both and adjust individually from there. See what sounds best to you like you did with your 2.1 system.
    -curtis

Ordered these speaker stands today. They look very promising and they have amazing reviews. Ordered from Overstock.com with free shipping. Not using them with the Lunas. These are going into my bedroom but just wanted to share in case somebody is interested in heavy duty adjustable speaker stands.

http://www.cotytech.com/content-prod...d_sp_os10.html

https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...2/product.html

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    You wrote that you could only set one?

Start at 80hz for both and adjust individually from there. See what sounds best to you like you did with your 2.1 system.
    Hypothetical (for future receiver upgrades), and for others who might have 2 crossover settings and come upon this thread.

I think I understand your reply, set crossover 1 and 2 at 80 Hz and then play with them individually. Should I play with surrounds first or fronts & center first?
    Last edited by Roen; 08-03-2017 at 12:55 PM.