Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Jed-99aggie View Post
    One additional follow up: In my listening room, the Lunas are positioned on a mantel 61" off the ground and above the ear-height when seated. No tilt on the speakers at this time, they are sitting level. I have been trying out both orientations ("standard" = tweeter on top; "upside down" = tweeter on bottom). With tweeter on bottom it also aligns it in nearly the same horizontal plane as the center tweeter. Do you have a recommendation regarding the R/L Lunas tweeter/woofer positioning?
    Since upside-down gets the tweeters closer to ear level, than that's what I would go with. Make sure that the speakers are even with the front edge of the mantel to avoid reflections off of the top surface
    Nate

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

And so it begins....

This little dude beat the pants off the 340SE center in everything but deep bass...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Since upside-down gets the tweeters closer to ear level, than that's what I would go with. Make sure that the speakers are even with the front edge of the mantel to avoid reflections off of the top surface
    100% agree!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Question Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Hi Dave,

In a 2.1 vertical orientation, would the Luna LCR (crossed over 70 to 80hz) be more efficient, create a bigger soundstage (wider dispersion), reproduce a more open realistic midrange or tighter bass definition (vs the regular Luna)?!?

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    And so it begins....

This little dude beat the pants off the 340SE center in everything but deep bass...

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    ... This little dude beat the pants off the 340SE center in everything but deep bass...
    SO, with a SUB, it OWNS the pants?

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    SO, with a SUB, it OWNS the pants?
    The 340s might have more raw output too, because they are likely more efficient and can draw more power without damaging the drivers. I think Dave might have been mentioning any characteristics that would be related to the quality of the sound. I could be wrong. In fact, I would love to be wrong, since I plan to buy some Sierra Luna LCRs.

Looks awesome Dave. How does it compare to the Sierra 2 center?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

It’s been a while but I’m back in the game and have a pair of Luna’s in satin black bamboo on order! These will be replacing my HTM 200s in my bedroom setup. The 200s will be kept for a future dedicated theater room build. I also grabbed a Yamaha rx-a1070 to power them. Thanks to Dave and Dina for the assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Hi Dave,

In a 2.1 vertical orientation, would the Luna LCR (crossed over 70 to 80hz) be more efficient, create a bigger soundstage (wider dispersion), reproduce a more open realistic midrange or tighter bass definition (vs the regular Luna)?!?

Ted
    Efficiency of the new speaker will come in at 86-87dB, so yes, quite a bit more efficient than the Luna. Bass is different, I am tuning the bass more similar to our Horizon, so extension will be about the same as the Luna, but with quite a bit more midbass slam. Mids and Highs will be basically the same, but the new speaker will play quite a bit louder and with less compression / distortion at louder volume levels due to spreading the load over (2) woofers as opposed to a single woofer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com