Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 909192939495

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC39 View Post
    I thought the same thing. Some NRT Luna's as surrounds just to bring down the cost. I won't be able to appreciate the ribbons on the two rear speakers.
    Best option would be using our stock Sierra-1 dome. Even with this option, cost savings wouldn't be that much, all of the components used in the Luna are very expensive, including the woofer and the cabinet itself.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Ah ok, I just knew the RAAL ribbons were an added cost upgrade to the towers so I was thinking a dome tweeter Luna would bring the price down. No big deal. Thanks Dave!
    Last edited by KevinC39; 01-08-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Best option would be using our stock Sierra-1 dome. Even with this option, cost savings wouldn't be that much, all of the components used in the Luna are very expensive, including the woofer and the cabinet itself.

Dave,

What kind of estimated cost reduction would happen with the stock Sierra-1 dome? It could makes sense if someone is outfitting a home theater system.

David

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks for your honest answer Dave, it is always appreciated. I think as Ascend customers we've gotten used to the "customize it as you want" when maybe that isn't what should be done. I am curious as well on the savings with the Sierra 1 dome, but as you said, it probably isn't likely to be a huge change.

For me personally, for $80 I could "fix" the current issue in my setup, which is an inadequate center when matched to the cheapest bookshelfs that Polk Audio makes.

It's just a question whether I want to spend the money to make my "house" setup as opposed to my theater setup a world class music listening station or not. At least I have some time to contemplate that issue as the Luna LCR appears a little ways out yet....

Just ordered a Luna center, but after reading this I'm pretty excited about checking out the Luna LCR when it's done and available. It's appealing because the dimensions allow it to fit in most AV cabinet shelves, like the one I have which is around 17.25"x6.25". Larger centers require their own stand/shelf or for the TV to be wall mounted up and above. The Lunas add so much more flexibility as centers.

Definitely may be trading up in the future.

Dave would have to redesign an entirely new crossover for a different Luna tweeter. Not an insignificant cost unless he decides to sell the version at higher volumes.