Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Smaller than the HTM 200, esthetically more pleasing(although my 200 are finished in espresso) and providing a seamless integration with my mains...I'm sold, the 200 will now highlight a nice 2.0 system in my next garage. Now just waiting on the final cost....
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    Very nice. Looks like the makings of a high-end compact 2.1 rig when paired with an F12/L12.
    +1, I already have the L12, just need the little Sierras and I might be set for life (yeah, right...)

Turning a Sierra sat on its side would be the best wouldn't it? That way you have identical speakers for LCR. Why do an MTM over a Sierra sat in its side? Unless you want a center channel that is more capable than your LR.

Also remember that the front slot port helps those that don't have clearance for the back of the speaker.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Turning a Sierra sat on its side would be the best wouldn't it? That way you have identical speakers for LCR. Why do an MTM over a Sierra sat in its side? Unless you want a center channel that is more capable than your LR.
    Sierra 2 LR + MTM SSat.

Very similar performance to each other, but you're able to squeeze the MTM center into a spot that you would not be able to get a S2 due to the front slot port and slimmer profile.
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by dtsequoia View Post
    Sierra 2 LR + MTM SSat.

Very similar performance to each other, but you're able to squeeze the MTM center into a spot that you would not be able to get a S2 due to the front slot port and slimmer profile.
    Got it. That makes sense.

I think the Raal line should be a model for the rest of the lineups from Ascend in the future moving forward -- having floor standing (with dedicated midrange), bookshelf, and satellite model options for each tweeter.

Put me down for loving the Luna name for the Sat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Put me down for loving the Luna name for the Sat as well.
    Are we going to get some final version pics soon?

I'm thinking to buy a pair of these when available to use in my kitchen, and also to pick up a 2nd-hand pair of HTM-200SE from an upgrader to use as surrounds.

How would these two models compare in performance to my Paradigm mini monitors that are currently acting as surrounds? And how would they perform compared to each other? My reason for wanting to go for this model over S1 or S2 is to be able to mount directly on the wall.

Is it anticipated the new model has a few available in the coming weeks and more readily available later this fall?

Thanks.
    Tai